Daughter ( aged 7 ) wanted to help .
Polish has been put on the black trim so it's
now black with grey bit inpregnated .
Antone any ideas how to fix

Chris.c ( in Desperation )

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hi Chris! Griots Garage sells a product called "Dried-On Wax Remover" just for your problem. It "dissolves dry wax and is safe for vehicle finishes on plastic or rubber". I've never tried it but they sell quality products. $6.99 US for a 236 ml bottle. Product number is 11216 at http://www.griotsgarage.com Good luck. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
polish

if your cheap(like me) i would use black shoe polish to make it black again.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Re: polish

Stormsteed said:
skootertrash said:
if your cheap(like me) .....
Another option is to leave it and think lovingly of your industrious 7-year old daughter every time you look at it.
Well, maybe if it was my daughter, but yours? I don't think so. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Chris, that's so cute! (And glad the guys told you how to fix the problem.) Maybe next time she can help clean it with good old-fashioned H20.

Friends with a young son were visiting my dad and step-mom once and the kid got bored. Dad asked the boy if he wanted to help him out by "painting" the deck. Gave him a bucket, paint brush--the bucket was filled with water and the kid had a blast. :D
Bryna

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I understand you correctly you have polish on the gray plastic ----cheapest way to clean is WD-40 on a rag, polish will come right off, tough spots use a toothbrush or soft hairbrush.
Once bought a repo bike, guy hid the bike and "saved" the finish by spraying the entire bike with polish, wrinkle finish engine and all, this was the only thing that got it off.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm not sure about the States but in both the UK and Japan, you can buy products named "Back to Black" or similar which are essentially black plastic wax/polish. You should be able to buy this stuff at car shops as these products stops cleaning mistakes and ageing of black plastic on cars, too.

I tend to apply the stuff on all the black plastic once a month, and it keeps the thing looking brand new.

Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all

Thanks for the advice tried some
Went to local bodyshop they gave me some
Glyn Bumber ( fender U.S ) restore it worked a
treat , and apparently it conditions the plastic ????
Does plactic need conditioning
Anyway it sorted it

Thanks to everyone for there help

Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts