Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hope all is well. I have a 2013 burg 650. Need some help trying to figure out why the but stop adjustment latch is stuck in the open position. I recently removed the but stop with no issues at all to instal the JacVinson backrest. All went flawless and as suppose to, but when I went to slide the bracket bracket back into the hole slots, it wouldn't lock into position. The latch under the seat feels like its stuck in the open position and the whole thing slides right out when I lift the seat up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Unless they have changed the way the larch works on the 2013 from the earlier models it is a fairly simple affair. Spring loaded arms on the latch just snap into notches on the bars of the buttstop to lock it into the position you want.

Does the latch on your move into the closed position when the buttstop is totally removed. If so then the only thing that I can think of that would prevent it from doing so with the buttstop inserted is that the notches in the bars are not lining up with the arms on the latch. Try sliding the stop slowly forward and see if it will lock in at a slightly forward position. If it does then something on your conversion is keeping it from lining up in the fully inserted position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you reply. I'm still using the stock original bracket that the but stop came with, so the lines on the round sleeves should be lined up. When the bracket is completely pulled out, the adjustment lever under the seat remains pulled out. It doesn't spring back in to position.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Does sound like something in the latch is jamming. Since I have never seen how the latch is set up on the 2113 I can't tell you for sure what you will have to do to fix it.

You might try looking in through the holes the arms slide into to see if you can tell what is binding it. If yours is like the earlier ones, there are two screws under the seat that screw through it into the latch and secure the latch. You might try loosening those just a little and moving the latch around to see if that will free it up. Do not completely remove them though as it's bear to try to get them reinserted into the latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts