Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Givi AF266 arrived missing 2 of the 4 nylon spacers (part #6) that go thru (insert in) the back 2 holds on each side of the windshield? Just got back from Lowes and they don't have anything that will fit.

Any ideas where I can get them? Installing the windshield without them might lead to the windshield cracking if the windshield rubbs/bounces against the screws/bolts that hold the windshield on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did not know they were nylon.

If you can find some 3/8" Dia. Nylon - then drill a 1/4" Hole through it, that will do it for you.

(I just made one out of Stainless Steel - the ones I had seemed pretty soild/hard for Nylon - I guess this weekend I will have to take one out and check it)!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I guess mine were missing, too. But when I installed mine, I just removed the wellnuts from the 2 forward-most attach points and and reinstalled them in the same fashion as the stock windscreen. This way the rubber covers the windscreen hole completely.

I didn't do this for the other 4 locations due to the additional thickness required by the metal brace.

·
Registered
109 Posts
McMaster Carr Has a Nylon Spacer that is: 10MM OD x 5.3MM ID x 4MM Long
part number 93657A890 $1.05each
http://www.mcmaster.com/ they sell to anyone and no minimun

You would only have to drill the ID to 1/4" (That is just about exactly clearance for 6MM Screws)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kiwi Dave is checking with Givi for me. Thanks, Dave.

The spacers about 6mm O.D. with about a 2.5-3.0mm I.D. for a 10-32 bolt. Meanwhile I'm going to check with a few more hardware stores (Lowes carries nylon spacers but not in the proper size) and model/hobby shops.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The spacers about 6mm O.D. with about a 2.5-3.0mm I.D. for a 10-32 bolt. .
Interesting - I did not have any that size; the 4 bolts (supplied ones) I have are Metric.

The Threads of a 10-32 are apx .190" Dia. the Threads on a M6 are apx .236" Dia.

I do not have my sheet here - but I think the GIVI Sheet even says 10MM x 6 MM x 4 MM lg on the photo of the spacers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts