Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, sorry for my english i'm from thailand
i have a problem whit my burgman 650 of 2005

my Bike would not shift properly. it not shafting over 2nd gear and RPM”s were consistently pegged at 6,500 up to 7,500 RPM’s!.

But my bike is not show fi light. I check fi code is show code C00

any guy know this problem ?

thank's a lot

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
sorry to hear about your problems but it happens on the 650.

what model year 650 do you have and how many miles on it.

the kind of slippage you are describing can be caused by a number of different issues:

- sticky center stand sensor
- worn out PPS
- worn out clutch
- worn out CVT belt or Primary pulley

you will have to do a bit of investigating to find out the source.

if you have a high mileage 03/04 model the likely cause could be a worn out primary pulley bearing which could have damaged other CVT components inside the case.

start with the obvious and work your way to the source of the problem

you can find DIYs on my Burgman Center for all of the mentioned symptoms above.

good luck....

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If it's not the center stand switch and there is any excessive noise from the CVT then I would say it's unfortunately an internal CVT problem (like an '06 I purchased recently).

·
Registered
573 Posts
If it started suddenly, as mine did, it is probably the center stand switch plunger that got bent, maybe from some debris or rock that bounced up and hit it. Put the bike in the center stand and inspect the switch plunger to see if it is fully retracted and moves freely. It is on the bottom of the scooter where the center stand hits it (to push the plunger in) when the center stand is up. If not, you can try bending it carefully until it does, or replace the switch. Otherwise, I agree with MJR and LeDude.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hello guys, sorry for my English i'm from Thailand.
I have a problem with my 2005 Burgman 650. It will not shift into 2nd gear and the revs were consistently pegged at 6,500 up to 7,500 RPM’s. Any guy know this problem? Thank's a lot
Was the centre stand switch at fault? (We like to be kept up-to-date).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Put the bike in the center stand and inspect the switch plunger to see if it is fully retracted and moves freely. It is on the bottom of the scooter where the center stand hits it (to push the plunger in) when the center stand is up.

It's easier to see and check the centre stand switch if the bike is put on the side stand !;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
the kind of slippage you are describing can be caused by a number of different issues:

- sticky center stand sensor
- worn out PPS
- worn out clutch
- worn out CVT belt or Primary pulley
Thank you SO much for this info, LeDude. My '07 650 Std has exactly this issue. I've checked the center stand sensor and it works fine - even nice and shiny still. The clutch was completely disassembled by Steve. Steve has never worked on a Burgman, but he lives and breathes mechanical stuff, and he pronounced the clutch "a little gunked up (he cleaned it) but no real problem. He put it back together and we had the exact same problem. So he took the CVT apart and suggested that the belt be changed. Five weeks of transit time and $336 later it was, but it still had the same problem,. I'm going to check out the PPS next. There's a guy parting out a 650 locally, so I'm going to try to get it from his machine and we'll give that a shot.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Thank you SO much for this info, LeDude. My '07 650 Std has exactly this issue. I've checked the center stand sensor and it works fine - even nice and shiny still. The clutch was completely disassembled by Steve. Steve has never worked on a Burgman, but he lives and breathes mechanical stuff, and he pronounced the clutch "a little gunked up (he cleaned it) but no real problem. He put it back together and we had the exact same problem. So he took the CVT apart and suggested that the belt be changed. Five weeks of transit time and $336 later it was, but it still had the same problem,. I'm going to check out the PPS next. There's a guy parting out a 650 locally, so I'm going to try to get it from his machine and we'll give that a shot.
Did he see if you can twist (twists the belt due to worn out keys on the pulley shaft, sold as an assembly only)the primary pulley halves? A '07 I worked on for a board member had worn out keys. How was the spring and ramp mechanism on the secondary pulley assembly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts