Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well then,

Since I have decided to buy the 650 I was wondering which colour do most people pick?? I am leaning towards the silver because its easier to keep clean and it also hides the odd stratch better than a darker colour. I wonder how others decided on their color (American spelling).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I noticed at Scootercade that the Silver ones did not show bug splat and road dirt as quickly. But I don't like Silver vehicles - so I'd buy any other color offered. I just wish they'd come out with something really cool - like Burnt Orange maybe. Now that would be a fast color!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I personally (obviosly) believe that the 650 looks best in silver. I wasn't impressed with either the blue or black. Interestingly, I like my Bandit best i blue. Go with silver.

May not be the fastest color (colour) but the best

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Paul,

You know you want the yellow Burgman to match your V-strom. :)

I looked at 2 Burgman 400s side by side. I knew the silver would show dirt less, but prefered the look of the blue. I think the silver looks sportier and the blue looks distinguished. I've had several people comment they liked the blue.

It's all a matter of your personal preference as to which to buy.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
When I bought my 650 this past Spring, the dealer only had a black one in stock. I really wanted the silver but it may have been a long wait.
So, I got the black one. I figured it still looked good and I'd learn to live with it.
However, before I took delivery I had the dealer install the Suzuki chrome trim piece that fits on the fairing above the headlights. What a difference that made. It really make the bike look SHARP. It was just what the all black bike needed. Now I know I made the right choice. Even the dealer's people said they couldn't believe the difference that little piece of chrome made. :D
Don

·
Registered
209 Posts
Randy, you know that Blue is the fastest 650. So fast in fact, is the blue 650, that Suzuki had to cease selling them in the U.S.A. due to the onslaught of law suits that were sure to materialize in this sue-crazy country.

:geek: :joker:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Randy said:
...Of course we all know that silver is the faster bike
:lol:
Kias said:
Randy, you know that Blue is the fastest 650.
Let me put this one to rest: for six weeks I rode a silver 650 with a blue left mirror housing. It kept pulling to the left, like something on that side was dragging.

Clearly silver is the faster color.

:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kias said:
Randy, you know that Blue is the fastest 650.
That's why I bought a blue one.

Um, on second thought that's not correct. I bought a blue one because that's the only color I could find.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Blue is Stealthy and varies in color a bit depending on the light.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is a no-brainer, if you are married. Go with the colour your spouse likes cause if you don't you will never hear the end of it :roll: Thats why I got blue and had to wait two weeks to get it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Tough question... that's why I got Black! Technically, Black is the absence of color (on the opposing end, white is the sum of all colors).

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Silver may be faster, but Blue has much more torque. :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ya know. I think the only thing that is worse than an oil debate, is a color debate. I think Kawasaki got it right with the Concours. For 20 years they've been offering that bike in one color each year. You can buy the "color of the year", or go look for a used one in the color you prefer. Over the years, they have offered a wide variety of colors. The bike was only upgraded mechanically one time (I think it was in 1994). So color is all that changes. Mine was a burgundy 1995, that I bought used in 1997. Still in fine condition when I sold it in 2002. Absolutely the same as a 2005 except for color.

Now the only thing better would be a custom color program. You want a burnt orange Burgman? Or turquois, lime green, yellow, pink - whatever? Name your color, fork over an additional $500 and wait two or three months for delivery. I think they'd get some takers. The downside is that in the event of an "oops", replacement body parts would also have to be custom painted.

I don't think we'll ever see that happen with the Japanese bikes though. I think Harley as done it (err... for more than $500 of course), but I can't think of anyone else who has.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
pauljo wrote
Ya know. I think the only thing that is worse than an oil debate, is a color debate

Your right Even "Feedback For Suzuki" "A few more color options" holds the lead in responses :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Note to mods:

Dewights post is worthy of moving into a new (650) thread - many folks ignore 'color' topics and this experience with the fan needs to be in 'Clear air'!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts