Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! I'm new and I've been riding my '09 Burgman 650 for a year. I'm pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to fixing my bike but I've done the oil changes just fine. Long story short, I had a little accident in my garage. I came home one night and was a bit tired and ended up hitting my windshield on some stuff. It wasn't a very fast crash at all <10 mph and the damage is centralized entirely on the windshield. When I assessed the damages everything seemed fine except for the windshield assembly. I've already ordered a new brace, windshield and cover(fascia) but upon further investigation I have reason to believe that the metal underneath the brace is a bit bent as well. I dont know what this piece is called and I would like to order a new one. If you guys know what this piece is called (or even the assembly in case when I get in there I find more damage) or have any advice/video tutorials tearing down the front I would be very grateful.

Pictures: It might be hard to see but the right side is sunken in a bit. I opened the front meter panel to get a better look inside so it was not part of the damage. Sorry for no inside picture where it would be more obvious I'm still waiting for some parts and want to get it all done at one time so I don't lose any screws. I might update next week.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Sports equipment Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look on www.ronayers.com for parts and part numbers
Thanks for your reply! I went on ronayers looking again for this part and I believe I identified it. Only problem is it's the top part of the leg brace.
Is the leg brace something a novice can replace themselves or is it best to just take it in? Or perhaps is this something that can be bent back into place? I am honestly shocked at how deep this damage goes because the rest of the bike has no cosmetic damage at all just the windshield.

Human body Gesture Font Parallel Elbow

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
You can replace it yourself, it just bolts on. There is a bunch of stuff that attaches to it that you will have to remove and reinstall.

If I were you I would take it apart and see if I could bend it back into place.

You don't say if you have a standard or Executive. The part numbers for the leg brace is different for the Executive so if you order on make sure it is the right one.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 4 of 4 Posts