Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, thanks Wyldeman but now my problem is not the two stripped screws. I now just can't get this thing off.

I thought I read in the forum that it's so easy but this thing is just not coming off. One of the screws that was stripped snapped off (the one that was said to be not useful) and it doesn't seem to be in the way. I just thought it would be so easy and it's beginning to be (is) a nightmare.

Any help on a step by step on removing the driver's seat backrest? And if it invloves taking the plastic/leatherish off by having to take off the cover, I'm probably going to abandon the project and save for a Corbin because every screw that's under the seat is torqued so tightly I am afraid of stripping those also.

All this frustration just for a little more leg room...

Thanks in advance,

Jay (mrm7592)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Jay,

After finally getting the screws out of the bars, all you should have to do is push up on the backrest adjuster bar (under the seat, why I don't know) & pull the backrest straight out. It really is that simple, but the trick is to disengage the adjuster as those bars have notches in them for the different backrest positions.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense, & I'll try to clarify further.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't believe...

Well, I located those very small screws and guess what? Yup, they were already hosed. One was (again) torqued so hard I was afriad to continue trying and the other "unscrewed" quite easily...because it had slipped its threads somehow and was moving naywhere. I can definitely claim no credit for that one.

So, I had to take off the seat cover and padding to get in a position where I could do something about the assembly....out comes the hand Dremel and I just cut those babies off. What a hassle.

But it's done...all but the reassembly. That should be another adventure all by itself. Now where were all those screws and nuts?

Thank you for your help.

Any suggestions on covering those holes?

Jay

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Jay,

There have been some posts suggesting that plug for those holes is available from Home Depot. If you search on "Home Depot" they shouldn't be hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts