Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to sync the throttle bodies as per the manual. Trouble is, when I disconnect the hoses and attach the Carb Tune sync tool the motor stops.
I tried raising the rpms but still no luck. Also, I get no reading from the sync tool unless I rev the motor and then back off the throttle then the motor stops again. I hook up the hoses again and it runs as it did. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re throttle sinc

Well I will be of no help to you but I will tell you this much we are both doing something wrong. I was able to keep mine running by turning the idle screw way up and got it adjusted but after reading & re-reading the factory service manual I still can't find out what the answer is. After doing that I have a dealer mode swich and I checked the TPS and found it was not correct so I readjusted to the correct position and the engin surged up and down at just above idle when starting off so I reset it back where it was and gave up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
try with the factory hoses still on to rev it up to about 2500 rpm using the idle screw or if u have a throttle lock you can use that also as i did. then shut it off hook up the carb tune (carb tune must be upside down for it to work on the burgman) then start it back up and adjust accordingly

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
OK what is this gizmo you guys are talking about.

Just curious - and I know I only have one throttle body - I just like to know - well - stuff. :wink:

Cheers

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
mactd83 said:
norman
we are talking about the carb tune synchronizer that is sold in your country u can go here to check it out http://www.carbtune.com
Thanks - OK understand now. I like gadgets might have to buy a 650 so I can justify buying this :wink: :evil:

So why all the trouble dabimf is experiencing - is the process of running with this kit leaning it out?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Throttle Body Sync

Hang in there I think I have figured out how to do this. I will try my theory out on my bike and then I will let you know if it works. will probaly get a chance tommorow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts