Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is the first time I write on this forum, I have found so many interesting things and suggestions here.
I have a question and I hope my english will be good enough to let you understand my problem.
I think that my left grip is not properly installed because the exit of the cables of the heater are upward and the cable disturbs the flashing.
You can see it on the attached picture.
I hace tried to move the grip. Removed the terminal and the switch but the grip doesn't move at all.
Is there some trick to rotate it in order to let the cable exit from below?
fausto

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It appears to me to be necessary so the throttle can be twisted open. If the wire was on the bottom, there would have to ba a lot of extra slack in the wire to allow full throttle movement..

·
Registered
154 Posts
With the bar end weight removed you should be able to use some compressed air to loosen the grip from the bar (shooting the compressed air between the grip and the bar). You could try using a screw driver to loosen the grip from the bar, but I'd be careful with the screwdriver as you don't want to damage the heating elements in the grip.

late,
Coz

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
You can remove the grip, but you can't remove the grin!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the bar end weight removed you should be able to use some compressed air to loosen the grip from the bar (shooting the compressed air between the grip and the bar). You could try using a screw driver to loosen the grip from the bar, but I'd be careful with the screwdriver as you don't want to damage the heating elements in the grip.

late,
Coz
thanks Boogie, and of course all the other ;)
so I have to loosen the grip as a normal grip, with a screw driver probably. I will be very carefull.
Thanks, that's was the answer to my doubts.
have anice day.
fausto

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Hello, this is the first time I write on this forum, I have found so many interesting things and suggestions here.
I have a question and I hope my english will be good enough to let you understand my problem.
I think that my left grip is not properly installed because the exit of the cables of the heater are upward and the cable disturbs the flashing.
I hace tried to move the grip. Removed the terminal and the switch but the grip doesn't move at all.
fausto
First, thank you for posting your location and bike in your profile, many new member omit this important action.

Have a 2009 Exec with winter pack, yes heated grip position in your photo not correct, it need to go to the front almost 180° will post photo of correct position for you. It have BrakeAway cruise install also.

I see friend before use hair dryer with little heat on rubber grip for soften and expand rubber. Remove end weigh first, than little heat, than blow air in.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>I have a question and I hope my english will be good enough to let you understand my problem.<<

Il vostro Inglese è molto meglio che il mio italiano!! ;)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
>>I have a question and I hope my english will be good enough to let you understand my problem.<<

Il vostro Inglese è molto meglio che il mio italiano!! ;)
Better than my Italian also !

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Insert a screw driver under the grip. Spray some hair spray under the grip and it should
come off easily.

To reinstall it, clean the bar and the inside of the grip. Spray hair spray inside the grip and push it onto the bar. Give it some time to set.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
White Rain Hair spray has been in the tool box of many Harley Mechanics for years. ;)

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
It appears to me that Fcasini is talking about the left stationary grip and everone else is talking about the right? Mark
No I think we understand that his left grip is installed with the wire rotated too high. It needs to be released and re-glued rotated down. Chérie posted the picture of the right hand grip but it shows the correct angle of the wire coming out. Hairspray is a LIGHT lacquer type spray glue and when wet acts as a lube.

Left Grip.JPG

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It appears to me to be necessary so the throttle can be twisted open. If the wire was on the bottom, there would have to ba a lot of extra slack in the wire to allow full throttle movement..
Sheesh...Sorry, I was looking at the pic totally back-a$$words!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Take a few minute, lift corner of tarp, take few photo of left grip to help gfcasini, as some not seem understand.

Hope this clarify and help.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
Take a few minute, lift corner of tarp, take few photo of left grip to help gfcasini, as some not seem understand.

Hope this clarify and help.
Merci, je comprends! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
fausto
If you have access to an air compressor, with an air gun tip, remove the bar end weights and flush air between the grip and the metal. Repeat the process several times at different locations under the grip and it will release the glue. Normally the left grip comes off easier than the throttle side grip.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
thank you so much dear friends,
I have never thought at hair spray as a some type of lube when wet… We are always in time to learn something…
I will try with screw driver and hair spray as suggested and keep you informed asap.
Thank you for suggestion, pictures and your time. If some one would like to exercise his italian, I will be glad to read in english and answer even in Italian.:eek:ccasion5:
regards
fausto

P.S.: I will post this solution on the italian burgman 650 forum, I'm sure it can be useful for other people.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts