Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Burgman 400 abs...rode 2 up for an hour in country,came home parked it for 5 mins.Went back to put it in garage turned key dash lit up etc but pushed start button and nothing happened!! F1 showing!all fuses are OK(relay etc,starter motor bench tested and OK,all lights /signals and brake light working OK.I noticed when pushing start button lights dimmed...…. short?took starter button apart cleaned terminals etc still dead....any help please:>) 36,000KLMs

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Maybe the battery has gone. Can you take it somewhere to have it tested?

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
lights should go out when pressing start so thats normal. Fault ind not normal, there's procedures on here for jumpering plug to get fault code and go from there

·
Registered
713 Posts
Put a volt meter over your battery below 12.4 it wont turn the bike over. If it is that you need to check the charging system. Jump it to see it it starts first if it does you should get over 14v on the battery terminals if not suspect reg/ rec faulty. Think there was a recall on the 09 model for this

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
When you turn on the key do you hear the fuel pump pressurizing? If the sidestand is down or the engine kill switch is off, lights will come on but you won't hear the pump and when you press the start button all that will happen is the headlight goes out. (Should also see "Chek" or something similar in the display.) If stand is up and kill switch is ok, check the sidestand switch for proper operation.

Edit - There's also a side-stand relay in the fuse box that must engage when the stand is up (this relay grounds through the stand switch).

·
Registered
254 Posts
It happened to me,mine was the side stand switch.They can fail anytime,you dont get no warning.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
I was thinkin, (don't worry there was a fire extinguisher nearby) you said this was after a longish run, and the 400 does have a history of aspirating a bit of oil into the breather , also has a don't start the engine if the oil level is low thingy, it's easy to have the wifey go out and check the oil level , couldn't hurt, and it's a cheap fix if that's the problem.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
DAWG !! gnarly toes !

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I can't find any reference in manuals or wiring diagrams to an oil level sensor on the 400.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts