Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NJ. I have been told it is impossible to purchase a new Burgman 650 Executive in color white within NJ or USA for that matter. Is this true? TY in advance. :confused:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Well, on Suzuki's site it's only shows that matte charcoal grey. So that might be accurate. If you're very set on white you could buy a cheaper, used, couple years older Burgman and get the white you're wanting or just have it painted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yeah I see that. Odd only one color. Ever hear of anyone getting the scooter "wrapped" instead of painted?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
There are still several brand new white 2013's on dealer floors around the country for as little as 8K . You may have to travel a bit but they are out there .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I live in NJ. I have been told it is impossible to purchase a new Burgman 650 Executive in color white within NJ or USA for that matter. Is this true? TY in advance. :confused:
If white what you want look for a 2013. Still has everything the 2015 has but in gloss white. I own one great bike. There may be still some new ones available check dealers nationwide. Bike trader, ect.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As said, do a search on Cycle Trader and you should find one somewhere. Some dealers will require you to purchase in person, some may do the deal without you being there and you can have it shipped.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Were there any small changes at all on 2014 or 2015 Burgman 650s? Many times there will be a few things upgraded w/o a major change like in 2013.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go to searchtemptest.com
Search for 2013 650 bugman and how far from your zip and you should find plenty.
Searchtemptest will search all craiglists from your zip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are out there. I just bought a new 2013 in white a couple months ago in Ohio. Your local dealer should be able to search for you

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah, would have loved a new white 400......but only found used. Seems 12 was the last yr for that color. I like to wax my scooters...but all recent models available to my area are the blasted flat colors that the youngsters like.
Had a gray/black 13 trailered 100 miles to me....best color I could do.
Good luck with your hunt for the Great White!
Stig

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Love my twins...white Strom even rarer

I've always wanted a red 650 tho.

Go for the 2013 OP...

hmmm sharks mouth around the front cowling....

and stickers are available ....

·
Registered
19 Posts
As said, do a search on Cycle Trader and you should find one somewhere. Some dealers will require you to purchase in person, some may do the deal without you being there and you can have it shipped.
Yes. I used Cycle Trader to find mine (2013 white new/old stock). I pick it up tomorrow in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The dealer there had two, so they ARE out there. I'm not getting much of a deal as the white ones seem to be in demand. I could have bought a 2014 or 2015 for just a few thousand more, but why would I do that? :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yeah, would have loved a new white 400......but only found used. Seems 12 was the last yr for that color. I like to wax my scooters...but all recent models available to my area are the blasted flat colors that the youngsters like.
Had a gray/black 13 trailered 100 miles to me....best color I could do.
Stig
Look at the time and money you save.
Matte finish = no waxing.
Three oil changes = only one filter change $$$.

In all seriousness, I think matte gray was probably the worst combination safety wise they could have gone with, matte black being a close runner-up.
Most roads are asphalt. As asphalt weather's, it turns a dull gray.
One of the riders in our group has a matte gray Burgman it looks nice, but it blends in with the gray asphalt real well and that is in the daylight. I have no idea how hard it is to see at night.

Little known fact George Barris. Designed the Original BatMoblie. He used Exterior paint color, "Velvet Bat-Fuzz Black" from Metalflake, Inc. It was a light absorbing fuzzy matte finish so that it would be hard to see at night and the florescent outline would show up. It didn't look good on TV. The studio had the cars (three in all) stripped of the fuzz and painted glossy Black. Which I remember from the 60's TV Show.

Vdoman, I hope you find your White Burgman.

Ride Safe,

Doc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts