Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Helmet to helmet conversations

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeff_MdR 
#1 ·
What's the easiest and cheapest way to get helmet to helmet communication. No need for music or whatever, just being able to talk to the passenger?

#2 ·
Anything that does helmet to helmet is also going to do music... That being said, some systems are a lot clearer and have a higher volume available with better speakers, better noise cancelation etc.

Something like the built-in cheap Bluetooth in a Built helmet from cycle gear for $119, helmet included is going to be about as cheap as you can get, both in terms of cost and audio quality.
I went with the Senna SMH-10 system for my wife and I with a third unit we can move around if we want a friend/family member in on the trip.
I choose senna for several reasons, but the most important was audio quality for music. Noise cancelation on the mic is also top notch... No problems at all communicating at 80+ mph, and the single control knob is VERY glove friendly...

#4 · (Edited)
Pair of walkie talkies. Most come with an ear phone, mike and PTT button (Push To Talk) nowadays. I bought these for my group rides.

Amazon.com : Midland GXT1000VP4 36-Mile 50-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair) (Black/Silver) : Walkie Talkies : Car Electronics

Has everything you need. Batteries last forever. It's not quite the quality of Bluetooth, but the range is much better. I tested these at four miles, line of sight. Bluetooth is a quarter mile at best, LOS.

There's nothing to install. Just slip it into your jacket, don the ear piece and go.
You did ask for cheap and easy.

#5 ·
I have the Interphone f5 unit works well

#6 ·
Sena.

#7 ·
if you want the "cheapest". there is PTT applications for SmartPhones, either android or iPhone, both need to install the app and use earphones.

#8 ·
I just "upgraded" my very satisfactory Cardo Scala Q2 to the new model Q1. I am no longer a Scala fan. The 'advanced' electronics noticeably degrades the intercom function - which like the OP, is my only application. (Maybe the improvements are in linking with smartphones and GPSs).

Sena seems to be the way to go. Although my local dealer swears by Uclear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.