Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had been looking for an amplifier to drive my helmet speakers. Just plugging in an MP3 did not have enough power. I tried the Boosteroo amplifier but it still fell short. It was OK up to about 40 mph and then it would get drowned out by wind noise. I found this at:

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net

It is part of their speaker/amplifier combo. I called then and was able to purchase just the amp for $29.95. It is an extremely small amp (3 1/4" x 2" x 1") and works great. I'm now able to hear my MP3 even at highway speeds.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation! I've also been looking for something to provide that boost and the Radio Shack and Boosteroo don't cut it for highway use in any helmet I've worn.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check out the Pocket Amp 2, Version 2 (PA2V2). It is very small, well built, and has rechargeable AA battles that last about 100 hours after being charged. I also like the fact that it has a volume control and on/off switch that can be manipulated while wearing gloves. All the reviews are excellent. I ordered one today. I will use Velcro to attach it to my dash on my 650.

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had been looking for an amplifier to drive my helmet speakers. Just plugging in an MP3 did not have enough power. I tried the Boosteroo amplifier but it still fell short. It was OK up to about 40 mph and then it would get drowned out by wind noise. I found this at:

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net

It is part of their speaker/amplifier combo. I called then and was able to purchase just the amp for $29.95. It is an extremely small amp (3 1/4" x 2" x 1") and works great. I'm now able to hear my MP3 even at highway speeds.
Can you direct me to which speaker/amplifier combo on their web site?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mounting A Small Amplifier on My Bergman

I’m nearly 62 and have moderate hearing loss. My Garmin Zumo 500 Motorcycle GPS plays .mp3 music files stored on a small SD card. There is a jack on the outside of the GPS that I attached to my helmet speakers.

I had difficulty hearing the music (and GPS directions) because of my hearing loss and wind/road noise. To correct the problem, I purchased a small pocket amplifier called the Pocket Amp 2 – Version 2 or “PA2V2”. It uses two rechargeable AA batteries that provide up to 100 hours of power before needing to be recharged. Details about the PA2V2 amplifier can be found here: http://www.electric-avenues.com/.

I made a simple mounting plate out of some spare sheet metal and attached it to the bottom of the PA2V2 with industrial strength adhesive mounting tape. Before doing this, I drilled two holes through the plate to maintain access to the screws that must be removed to replace the rechargeable batteries when they are no longer serviceable.

Next, I attached industrial strength Velcro to the top of the brake fluid RAM cover, and to the bottom of the mounting bracket. As before, I made sure that I could get to the screws holding the brake fluid RAM cover in place, as I knew that the cover must be removed to add new brake fluid.

The mounting plate holding the PA2V2 amplifier is now firmly attached to the brake fluid reservoir RAM cover via the Velcro. I used a very short audio cord to connect the GPS to the “In” jack on the PA2V2 amplifier. A longer audio cord runs from the “Out” jack on the amplifier to my helmet speakers.

My PA2V2 amplifier can be easily recharged on the bike via a USB cable attached the battery tender connection on my battery, or mount can be disconnected from the Velcro and the amplifier can be taken into my house and recharged.

My PA2V2 amplifier significantly boosts the volume of the .mp3 files. I like the fact that it has a large volume control knob that can be turned while wearing gloves. This feature is very useful when the volume needs to be changed.

This arrangement looks good and works very well. Others with hearing loss may want to do the same thing.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.