Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned this HD helmet for about 2 years. I love it. Please note that HJC manufactured this lid. I had a gift certificate. And used it to purchase said helmet, as HJC fits me so well. It’s got an amazing visor that pulls down: great zipper ear protection; and visor. The problem though is two fold : #1. I live in the desert, and black gets awfully toasty. #2. It’s not very visible to traffic. So I decided to paint it. Satin white (4 in one paint). I attempted to add some racing stripes with plain old painters tape.. and then I covered with polyurethane. I still have some clean up to do with a exacto knife, as my tape job sucked .. then another coat of polyurethane. But I wanted to post before and after pics. Here goes …
Helmet Sports gear Comfort Automotive design Personal protective equipment

Helmet Automotive design Composite material Gas Sports gear

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
lookin good so far, keep in mind when the painters tape fails, reflective tape is sold in multiple colors and widths on amazon and is kinda stretchy to fit on curved surfaces amazing visibility an night and dusk and dawn

· Registered
2014 Burgman 400
1,202 Posts
Just cover the edges of black stripes with your favorite color pinstripe tape, just wide enough to cover flaws, silver, gold, red, etc. :unsure: reflective type(as mentioned above) is good idea, in general you should "Not" clearcoat vinyl tapes.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lookin good so far, keep in mind when the painters tape fails, reflective tape is sold in multiple colors and widths on amazon and is kinda stretchy to fit on curved surfaces amazing visibility an night and dusk and dawn
I took your advice and ordered a bunch of different sized reflective tape. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that before the project started. Then I went down the sticker rabbit hole for a while. Side of this helmet is begging for a large reflective sticker. This lid is a 3XL, so I darn near have a billboard on both sides.
To be continued…

· Registered
2012 Burgman 400
343 Posts
Clothing Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle helmet Sports equipment

I got this a couple months ago when I got my Burgman 400...nice for warm weather. Do you have a Burgman? You're the 3rd person other than me in the Phoenix area on this forum. (that I know of)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts