Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a burg 400 the other day... this is the first cycle I've ever owned and my helmet is giving me a major head ach after i'm done riding. The helmet fits snug... it doesnt seem to fit too tight? Is this something that I will eventually get used to? Do helmets break-in?

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Where did you buy it? It may be the wrong size, it (and you) may also require some breaking in. Helmets can be a bit fussy, depending on the brand, a properly fitting helmet can suddenly be too big in summer if you have longer hair then get a (summer cut). Weight of the helmet can also be a factor.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Many riders have gone through that. If it's the wrong size you will learn ,
Did you put the tape around the largest part of your head ( just above the eye brows and over the top of the ears)
Did you wear it in the store for at least 5 min. to see if any red marks showed
And even if you did all the steps right it could be your helmet and your head shapes are different.:(
Really the best teacher is experience and trial & era, it's the old saying education costs money.
One important point, get a helmet that fits not just for safety. You can't enjoy the ride without a good fitting helmet
8)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Many times it is not size but the brand of the helmet. Some helmets are designed for roud heads, others for oval, etc. Some models fit differently.
My HJC symax causes pressure along the foerhead after riding for a while. My HJC AC10 is totally comfortable. All day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts