Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently wearing a Bell Shorty half helmet because I have a wide jaw. I would like to get a modular helmet for highway riding. I tried the Bell EVO Revolver and the HJC IS Max. Both with smaller cheek pads. I couldn't even get them on. They will fit if I completely remove the check pads, which may not be a good idea.

Any thoughts?

John

·
Registered
255 Posts
Helmets design as you have found out can differ considerably, some helmets have a more oval shape to them (looking straight down at the helmet) while others are more rounded. Take a look at Arai, I believe they are a more rounded helmet and may fit your head better. I ended up with a Shoei with interchangeable cheek pads to finally bet a comfortable helmet fit.

Greg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked it out. Arai doesn't make modular helmets. I need at the modular helmet because I wear eyeglasses.

John

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I checked it out. Arai doesn't make modular helmets. I need at the modular helmet because I wear eyeglasses.

John
Not necessarily. I wore a full faced Helmet with glasses for years. You just have to take them on and off before you don or doff the helmet. I have to do the same on my modular helmet.

Certainly look at all the modulars, of course. But don't write off FF helmets just because of glasses is what I'm saying. With your particular problem, you want to keep your options open as much as possible.

Helmets are a really hard item to fit, you have to try them on. You're in Florida, there's got to be some kind of MC Superstore within a day's ride. Maybe go and check out their huge selection.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have two helmets, both Shoei. One an RF-1100 and the other a Qwest. I initially found them too tight on my cheeks but after swapping in the thinnest of the optional cheek pads it now fits just fine.

Shoei does also have a modular. By the way, I also wear glasses with the above mentioned full-face models and just take my glasses off to get the helmet on and off. Not an issue for me at all.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I wear glasses and find full face helmets hard to get on/off with my glasses. Modular on the other hand are effortless.

To the OP, several brands have interchangeable cheek pads in several sizes. If you are going to deal with Revzilla, contact them and see if they can offer any suggestions.

How much room between your cheeks and the helmet with the pads removed?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried the two that Revzilla recommended, the Bell EVO Revolver and the HJC IS Max both with smaller cheek pads. NG for both. I purchased an HJC FG-Jet 3/4 helmet in XL with smaller cheek pads. Normally I take a small or medium. Then, I added material under the headband to take up space. I will need to do that same with a modular helmet.

John

·
Registered
207 Posts
Try the Nolan N104. I had the N102 and many other modulars I tried were too short for my chin.

I'm back to a standard helmet (latest Shoei RF-1200).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI, I purchased the HJC-IS Max 2 modular helmet in XL, which fit my jaw. Then, added some web built material inside the headband to bring down to a medium size for my head.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts