Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that I have the Givi AF266 I'm thinking of removing the external face shield and just using the internal visor as needed.

Any comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Kind of in the middle on this one, FF modular with visor. Inexpensive enough to have two, black for winter and white for summer. I heard there could be a 10+ degree difference inside just due to the color. My experience would confirm this, especially on a hot So Cal day.

Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. But everyone's head is different.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/29136/i/hjc-is-max-bluetooth-modular-helmet?SITEID=MSN+SEARCH+NON-BRAND+Product+Categories+-+HJC+Helmets&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=10007

And so far as 3/4 helmets... My face ain't pretty anymore, but I like it where it is.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Remember...........your Burgy is a motorcycle.......!!!!! Wear a helmet that gives you as much head & face protection as possible.........

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my area more than 50% of motorcycle/scooter rides do not wear any kind of helmet at all. I see my 3/4 helmet on the Burg 400 as a pretty good compromise of comfort vs safety. To each his own and I am well aware of the risks associated of riding any kind of 2 wheel bike.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
HJC CL-21 with a half-face shield for fair weather.
HJC-CS-5 with a half-face shield for cold weather.
First helmet I ever owned was a Bell with a full-face
bubble shield. The first sneezing-spell I had while
wearing that helmet, I learned the hard way about
full-face shields....barely got stopped safely, to remove
the helmet, & wipe out the bubble-face shield.
That's when I decided that I had to have clear space
below the eye-shield to have room for sneezing.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Now that I have the Givi AF266 I'm thinking of removing the external face shield and just using the internal visor as needed.

Any comments are appreciated.
When it's hot outside, I took off the upper air foil and rode without it. It made the heat a lot more bearable. However, the wind at highway speeds carries bugs and dirt, I use the face shield at speeds above 50 mph.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Shoei neotec - a little pricey, but got 150 off when i bought my bike. Started with the hjc.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Full face Shark, don't take too well to eating all food from a straw if the unfortunate happens. But keep those donors coming folks!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My son was wearing an AFX-50 last year when a car ran a red light and hit him on his scooter. He suffered 2 broken legs, one from the cars bumper the other when he landed 40' away. He had an armored coat on, so just bruises on arms and shoulder. He didn't think he had even hit his head. His helmet had a 4" crack in the crown area. No helmet would have performed better no matter what the cost or design.
I prefer to be comfortable and have great vision, this helmet is well balanced and very versitale. I shelved a HJC Symax2 to use this helmet. It felt heavier and ventilation was not as good, fogged up in cold. Now, I will say after I changed windshields it would have been better, but I still like the AFX-50 better.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I wear a HJC modular in white. Rule of thumb, if it ain't covered it ain't protected. My son wears the helmet you have in flat black. He is loking for a full face or modular, he rides into Washington D.C. every day as long as there is no ice. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Nolan T43 which is now being replaced by the T44. Wore it when I had my 400 & now with my 650. Great helmet for us that wear glasses. ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
As someone who has survived being hit by a car and who still feels and hears the sound of my helmet bouncing on the pavement...ONLY a full face for me. A young kid once asked his father which teeth he should brush and the father replied..."only the ones you want to keep". Same with safety gear, only protect the parts you want to keep using. If your helmet is too warm get one with better ventilation and make it a light colour, preferably white for extra safety. I am now using a G-Max 54s modular which features great ventilation.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts