Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just picked this up:

Needs a bit of work, but I think I can get er done.
I've been riding my Chinese 150 and my Vino 50 all spring and summer, and decided I like scooters and think I found the best scooter to have there is with the Burgman 400.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You'll find out that you'll love it! Spend some time here talking to the folks who know EVERYTHING it seems about the bikes and you'll really enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I gotta say, I'm partial to that 07 blue. Really wish they'd make more in that color. I'm pretty sure its the fastest color around.

It's a great bike, but the 07 was the first year of the new design. When its needed, make sure to upgrade to the 08 clutch and always use a new 08 muffler connector / gasket when you need to take the muffler off, like for a tire change. They burn up and then disintegrate when you take the muffler off and the 07 connector is cr.p.

So enjoy. It's my favorite bike of all, followed closely by the 650.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recommendations for where to get the clutch?

I know it needs one. :) 40 mph is not supposed to be 4500 rpm.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, but dang those rollers have flat spots! Mine didn't look that bad after 18k on them.

How many miles on the bike?

Sounds like your clutch is fine. And from my count, looks like you have the 08 five shoe clutch. The 07 had three.

You'll need more expert advice on the tanny problems. Someone will probably write in soon.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The front part is called a "variator" and you will need new rollers but the rest should clean up just fine. Looks like water got in there and rusted the back plate. That rust may have added extra friction and been abrasive and that wore down the rollers faster than normal.

Sounds like your clutch is fine. And from my count, looks like you have the 08 five shoe clutch. The 07 had three.
How many shoes on the 2003-2006?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
. How many shoes on the 2003-2006?
Don't know, never owned one, but I'd assume three. I think Suzuki thought the three shoe was strong enough when they designed the 07. But the extra weight and power proved otherwise. So they upped it to five. At least that's my assumption anyhow.

My OEM clutch went out after 5k.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Ah, hooligan -- you've got the best color!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Umm, newbie question here...

Is only one light supposed to be on? When I switch on the high beam, it just adds the left one, and it looks pretty much half as bright as the right one. (left and right as from the position as sitting on the bike)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
No - both headlights should come on in both low and high. Check the connections and if they are good then replace the bulb.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
07 model has one light on in the US. somebody on the forum made a conversion to later 2 lights version

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
07 model has one light on in the US. somebody on the forum made a conversion to later 2 lights version
Learn something new every day. That is stupid! My Yamaha Zuma was the same way. I bought a special harness that adapted it so both headlights came on at the same time. Not sure if anybody makes one for the 2007 Burg but it wouldn't be hard to make one if you have the skills and the correct connectors.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Agreed, i heard in Urop they still have one light on in some countries.
Here's the link.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts