Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forums so I thought I'd say hello. I've had my 2005 Burgman 650 since last August.

I'd like to find some Burgman owners in the Colorado Springs, CO area to ride with.

·
Registered
203 Posts
U guys r up late (or early)

Me I am up early

·
Registered
182 Posts
Kaber5150:

Welcome to the forum from Worcester Massachusetts. There is some wonderful riding out in Colorado, especially the Rockies and I am headed that way next Sunday on a little ride.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

Try www.meetup.com and search for "motorcycle" in your area. Looks like there are some nice riding groups in your area. With a 650 you can hang with MCs, but I'd avoid the Harley & Sport-bike groups, unless they specifically say they're open to all bikes.

Good luck. I've found lots of friends and riding buddies on that site.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Kaber - My wife and I are in Grand Junction. While not next door neighbors, we could meet up some time for extended rides. If you can take the week of June 16-20 off, you have adequate experience and your bike is up to it, there is a group ride of about 1800 miles starting and ending in Golden which, I'll be a part of. It's by invitation. You contact the organizer, apply for a spot and he either approves you or not, mainly based on the above criteria. Last I heard, there were openings. The maximum will be a dozen maxi scooters, plus two leaders. If interested, go to http://www.bigassscooter.com and hit toe "Contact Us" tab to get to the application. I look forward to seeing you there, if you can make it!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't know about your area but here in my area there aren't any Burgman riders other than myself and one other guy who lives about 60 miles from me. Doesn't bother me a great deal as I have been kind of a lone rider most of the 50 some years I have been riding motorcycles.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forum, its always nice to see more people coming in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kaber - My wife and I are in Grand Junction. While not next door neighbors, we could meet up some time for extended rides. If you can take the week of June 16-20 off, you have adequate experience and your bike is up to it, there is a group ride of about 1800 miles starting and ending in Golden which, I'll be a part of. It's by invitation. You contact the organizer, apply for a spot and he either approves you or not, mainly based on the above criteria. Last I heard, there were openings. The maximum will be a dozen maxi scooters, plus two leaders. If interested, go to http://www.bigassscooter.com and hit toe "Contact Us" tab to get to the application. I look forward to seeing you there, if you can make it!
Unfortunately I'm not available on those days. Trip like that I'd need a few months advanced notice. I would love to meet up sometime. I was thinking about going to Rocky Mountain National Park next month, maybe the week after the 4th if that would interest you?

Liamjs, thanks for the idea for meetup.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Liamjs, thanks for the idea for meetup.
No problem. Look into it. I did several years ago and now I have more rides, friends and riding buddies than I can handle. I even help lead a scooter group. Of course I'm in Los Angeles. So Your results may vary.

Who knows, looks like Colorado Springs could use a scooter group. Maybe you'll organize one some day. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts