Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a few days. Have a 2001 Helix and am going to step up to a 650 Burgman this fall. Loacl dealer is prepping one and I should be able to ride it this week. Sat on it Saturday and on the center stand it felt a little high but we roled it off on to the wheels and it felt better. Will have to ride it to know better.
This is my second Helix, had one of the first, put 44,000 on it in 8 years. Guess you can say I liked it. After it developed an oil leak after a laydown, I thought I wanted to go back to regular motorcycles. But it didn't last. Finally had to have another Helix. Then stumbled across the Silverwing, then the Burgman and the Burg won hands down over the Swing, for me anyway.
So I'll be watching and learning.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Airwolf,

Welcome to the group :hello2: . We may be having a Scooter Get Together in Central Florida this fall. I hope you have your new Burgman by then and you join us. I have thrown the idea out to several Florida groups and there has been interest, so we will see if we can make it happen.

Glad you're not :lurk: ing anymore and decided to join in the fun.

Janine :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Tony,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! I had a 250cc Honda scoot once, a 1985 Elite (same running gear as a Helix). I had fun on it, but the Burgman 650 is a whole different story. I've got more than 16,000 miles on my '03, and I love riding it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Tony,

My first summer of riding was on a white '80 something Helix generously loaned to me for learning purposes. What fun I had on that scooter! I racked up a couple of thousand miles on it and knew riding was definitely
something I wanted to do. A Kawasaki Vulcan 500 was my first bike but after one summer, I knew I wanted a scooter again and this is my second summer on the Burgman 400. I think the "burg" is even easier to handle than the Helix which now looks awkward to me. The sleek, aerodynamic styling of both Burgmans coupled with the additional power is incredible. I especially love being able to ride on the freeway with my "big bike"
friends. There may be a 650 in my future but I'm really happy with the 400 and from most accounts the 650 Burgman has it all over the Silverwing!

Burgwoman400 USA

·
Registered
56 Posts
After being off bikes for a decade, I wanted something economical for the ride to work. A co-worker has a 650, and I figured that would be the way to go. I'm quite happy with "Zeke", and would recommend it to anyone. It really doesn't matter what others think about scooters... this one does just fine fer me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes. will be looking forward to hearing about the gathering in Central Florida. If all goes as I want I should have the new Burg first part of October. If not if there's an airport near by maybe could fly in if it's within 1oo miles of Clearwater.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Helix's

I've had 2 and both have been great, just get on and go. If anyone in Florida is looking to buy one, I'll be selling mine in Oct. It's a 2001 and just turned over 15000 miles. Anyone got an idea what a good selling price would be?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: Helix's

airwolf said:
Anyone got an idea what a good selling price would be?
Tony,

Check with http://www.kbb.com as they list prices on motorcycles by region.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Tony and welcome to the forum. Good luck with the acquisition on your new Burgman.

·
Registered
210 Posts
JKerstinJ said:
We may be having a Scooter Get Together in Central Florida this fall.
Hi Janine, Please keep me posted, I would be interested in possibly riding down to join the gathering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello from tampa

hi i live in tampa,,i traded ina honda reflex 250,,for the burgamn 650, 3 days ago,,love it,,its like night and day,,now i can finally ride on 275 or more,,lol..its more stable,,its kind of heavy,,but thats the only con,,way cool,,i bought mine from motor sports tampa they suck,,didnt get a good price,,but i love it though,,,let me know how you like it,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts