Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody have owned a 650 for one month really enjoying it , but with wife two kids and two grandkids having trouble getting some serious miles on it. Only disapointment so far is silly 12v plug in glove compartment what are you ment to put in it and be able to close door.Well thought out suzuki

beano

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome, Beano.

I agree about the 12v socket. But with a right-angle adapter or splitter with short cables on it it can become quite useful. The only thing I've used it for so far was to run a compressor to add some air to my tires. Didn't mind having the lid open then. My future goals are to be able to recharge 2-way radio(s) from the socket, and they can stay IN the glovebox while they are charging, using either of the two adaptes I already mentioned.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA. That glovebox is not the best feature on the 650 by any means. I actually find the two smaller storage compartments in the dash more useful. I never use the power outlet. I have a socket wired directly to the battery that peaks out just under the seat. I use that for my electrically heated clothing, battery charger, and tire pump.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums beano. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Beano and welcome to the forum. I've yet to use my outlet in 2 years of ownership. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use the outlet to power a c.b. radio. Take a dremel tool and cut the topside of the glove compartment door just enough to let the wire sink down in the depression. You can use the outlet with the wire running out the door and the small cut is not noticeable with the door closed.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hi and welcome Beano - I went to my local electronics store and bought a small (short-neck) male plug that fits well and wired it to a female.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts