Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Kansas City!

Just got my Burgman 650 less than a month ago :D . I already put a GIVI windshield & top box on it. Also, for those who are looking for tunes, I got an IPod shuffle and and mounted it to the handle bar using the armband that Apple sells for it. Very simple and good for those of you who don't want to make modifications to the orginial body work and a lot cheaper than anything else I've seen.

Anyway, I'm all set. Maybe next year I'll consider the corbin seat. Anybody got $500 I can borrow? :wink:

-Tom

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome, KC!

I'm in Manhattan, KS. I think you may be the second 650 owner in the state unless of course you're in K.C.MO.

I've put the GIVI windscreen on, and a Suzuki backrest. So far the trunk itself has had more than enough space for my needs.

If you ever decide to go to Cassoday, KS, for the 1st Sunday of the month breakfast ride let me know. I'll meet you there or on the way.\

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
WELCOME!

And I DOUBLE-DOG DARE ya!

:D :D :D

Great avatar!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greetings, Tom. Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:

Pete said:
...And I DOUBLE-DOG DARE ya!
I wonder if his father ever got a "major award"? :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Tom. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome,
I am just as excited as you about the Burgman 650. I have a 2004 that I just purchased. What a great idea about the Ipod, it never even crossed my mind to do it that way. Currently I have no music and that kinda stinks and I do not want to tarnish the beauty of the originality of the Burgman. I live in Nashua NH and the roads here are awesome for long trips.
Have a super Friday!
Heidi

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4DThinker said:
Welcome, KC!

I'm in Manhattan, KS. I think you may be the second 650 owner in the state unless of course you're in K.C.MO.

I've put the GIVI windscreen on, and a Suzuki backrest. So far the trunk itself has had more than enough space for my needs.

If you ever decide to go to Cassoday, KS, for the 1st Sunday of the month breakfast ride let me know. I'll meet you there or on the way.\

Dave B.
Thanks Dave,

If I get a Sunday open I will sure do that.

p.s. I'm on the MO side, north of the river.

~Tom

·
Registered
969 Posts
seatec said:
You will shoot your eye out Ralphy, welcome to fourm :wink:
That does not compute.

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pete said:
...I DOUBLE-DOG DARE ya!
Brian said:
I wonder if his father ever got a "major award"?
seatec said:
You will shoot your eye out Ralphy
wasions said:
That does not compute.
Get hold of a video of A Christmas Story starring Peter Billingsley, Melinda Dillon, and Darren McGavin. It'll all be made clear. :wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey KCBurgman

Hey KC,

Who did you buy from ? Just wondering what dealer you worked with.

I'm on a Scarabeo 500. There are a handful of us big scoot riders that have begun to meet up for some afternoon rides. We're mostly on the KS side but it would be good to connect up.

We have a handful of guys checking in on a Yahoo group KCScooter with the hope one day we'll have enough to just about always have a group who want to ride.

Our 1st was a jaunt from the Kansas Speedway, through Leavenworth and on up to Atchison and back. Not sure what's next, maybe a ride to Lawrence.

Look us up sometime and ride safe,

Mybug

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I got my Burgy from Liberty Cycle. I just happened to call one day to see if they had any in stock - I was ready to buy. My timing was perfect because they were having a 1 day anniv. sale and knocked $1000 off the MSRP right over the phone.

Thanks for the invite! I'll join the other group and keep tabs when I can. If you don't mind me asking, could you post any local rides in this forum as well (Rallys and Gatherings)? I sure would be interested.

Thanks!

~Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
kcburgman said:
Also, for those who are looking for tunes, I got an IPod shuffle and and mounted it to the handle bar using the armband that Apple sells for it.
For those with regular iPods check out the AirClick. I plan on strapping the remote to the handle bars (or somewhere) and strapping my iPod to me :) Of course I'm a bit biased, I work for Griffin. :D

Casey

·
Registered
96 Posts
Air Click

That is pretty cool. I do have an IPOD and had considered buying an FM transmitter so I could play in the car. I wasn't aware there were RFs for a remote. Very cool. And not expensive at all.

Yes, if we in KC get any kind of a real event scheduled we'll post it. Thus far it is just a handful of guys I'm trying to corral for a couple of rides. If you know of anyone, and they have a pc let them know. There are a number of guys that I've come across over the past two years that refuse pc's so it pretty much leaves them out of the loop. Cause I refuse the telephone :)

Later,

Mybug

Wow, great luck with Libery Cycle. Congrats

1 - 18 of 18 Posts