Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

(Just in case I screwed up and posted this wrong, it should be under the "Lapine Rider" thread. Sorry if I erred.)

Wow! I didn't expect any replies at all! Sorry that I did not think to check in here. Thanks! I feel overwhelmed.

Since making that original post, I've discovered that a retired co-worker is making motorcycle seats as a hobby. I'm probably going to give him a try at fixing up my current seat before going to a Corbin.

While I plan to do my own work on my bike, the odds are good that these plans will be frustrated by the general lack of time in my life. I also own a 1971 MGB that I keep promising to do my own work on, but it keeps ending up at the shop regardless when something goes wrong. I have the basic skills and ability, but lack time.

I live in middle Tennessee, and except for six with an Aprilia Scarabeo, this is my first bike. I bought it for the sole purpose of doing OPEC out of as much revenue as possible, and now love it on its own merit. What a wonderful machine! ANd what a nice forum, too!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA! I moved your post to this area, because it is where new members generally introduce themselves. Your other post is in a non-conversational area "Feedback to Suzuki", so don't expect direct member replies in that area. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Lapine Rider. Glad to have you join us. It's great to have another Burgman 400 rider from middle Tennesse on the forums. :wav:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Lapine Rider

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Tell me more .....Lapine?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lapine =Rabbit. I write a little fiction on the side, and often feature a rabbit character in my work. (There was one in my first story, and after that folks sort of began to expect it.) Therefore, the nickname has kinda stuck.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this; I missed your post, somehow.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Lapine Rider said:
Hello!
....and now love it on its own merit....
See what 4 years of law school brings? - Loving it, on its own merit!

-----------------
There are 10 types of people in the world -
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one of many differences between the scribblings of an author and the scribblings of a lawyer. When a lawyer is imprecise, he's sloppy. When an author is imprecise, he has literary style. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts