Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Burgman. It's a 2011 400 with ABS. I'm actually a goldwing rider in real life. But I bought this quite by accident at an auction. I was just scratching my nose and before I knew it I was strapping it down on the utility trailer I brought along just in case something like this happened. Well I was told it was a salvage title - but I guess I didn't believe it was that bad because it looked great and it started and sounded fine. Once they handed over the title though, I saw the list of damages. If it was just the plastics, I would say so be it. But the last line said the frame is bent. WHERE? I rode it and it rides great and sounds fine. There's over 8K miles. But it looks great and clean except for the listed plastic damage.

SO now what do I do, no one can register it until that frame gets looked at. I have the ability to tear it down. That's what I did when I rescued my '85 Goldwing. BUT THAT WAS WINTER. I'd like to flip this and get my money out of it. Don't want to be playing in my garage in riding season.

So I know what your next question is. How much. After buyer premium, I spent $1150. How bad did I get taken???? Part it out? Get frame certified? replace the frame? Any referrals to applicable forums here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If possible, try to find out WHO said the frame is bent. If you can do that, they'll probably be able to tell you more about the damages to the scoot.
Any auction I've attended always mentioned any documented damage to a vehicle, PRIOR to the start of bidding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts