Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lapine Rider,

I just wanted to welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums and glad to have you join us. That was a heck of a first post in the 'Feedback for Suzuki' forum. :) I started a new topic here since the feedback forum doesn't allow 'discussion' posts.

Since you're interested in doing some of your own service, I highly suggest purchasing the service manual from either Ron Ayers or Oneida Suzuki.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Lapine Rider....and what state are you from? Regarding the poor seat...many of us certainly agree with you....go to Walmarts sporting goods section and get one of the air inflatable camo colored cushions made for hunters....comes with a strap that fits nicely under your scooters seat. Four of us 400 riders are using it with good success. Might be the best $10 you've ever spent.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Lapine Rider

If you do buy the Corbin let me know what you think of it,
your a big guy like myself and I was thinking about getting one .
Meanwhile I think I will try Wal-Marts sports dept. :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quite a write up , Lapine Rider. good points\opinions.
I'm looking to get a burgman 650 next year. One reason why i'm looking for a large/fast scooter is , I've always ridden larger motorcycles, so I want and need to stay with the power I'm used to.
Secondly, I'm looking to get more coverage for my legs and arms in the cooler weather. In my opinion, the burgman will get me (sort of) in the same class as a goldwing for 1/3 the price and a hell of alot lighter & smaller.
thirdly, I'm a gadget man, always have been. So all that fancy digital dash stuff along with all the other fancy stuff on the 650 sure does catch my eye.

one other thought, If the 650 was a wee bit bigger, say a 750cc, then that would totally be heaven. But hey, I have to make that decision all by myself, stay with the power of my 1400, or go with a "mini" goldwing for the protection.
Got all winter to decide......Oh what a lonnngggg winter it wil be.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ted - I bought that inflatable bladder at Walmart...and hate it. Feel like i'm balancing on a balloon all the time, and trying to slide off to one side. Whereas before I could plant both feet when I stopped, now I balance on my tiptoes.

I'll try to use it on a longer ride, but for my daily 25 minute commute, no way.

Just my opinion. I have tried to deflate it quite a bit too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts