Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a past owner of a 2003 Honda Silver Wing and was an almost owner of a Burgman back in 2006 before I bought the SW. I like scooters whatever their size and have always considered them "Motorcycles". Two wheels and a motor is the only qualification I need. I bought the SW because there was a Honda bike dealer right in town although I thought the Burgman was the better bike. I went to a scooter after having two "Real" motorcycles because of an ankle injury I acquired when I crashed the 454LTD in late October 2006. My doctor at the time was crowing that I would be unable to ride a "murdercycle" as he put it for a year, at least. Screw him, I thought and went looking for a large scooter. Very soon after talking to my jerk doctor I took a 2005 SW that had been sitting for over a year without a buyer on a test ride. The ride blew my mind, it was cold but I was well protected from the freezing wind unlike the 454. Instead a short one or two mile jaunt I put the first 18 miles on that bike and was ready to sign the papers as soon as I got back to the shop. My wife vetoed the idea so I went looking on Ebay for a used Burgman or SW. The SW was the first to come up at a price I could afford that wasn't on the other side of the country. The owner was a retired NYC police officer who lived in central PA. He delivered it to my driveway several days before Christmas. I rode the bike for another week before the snow started. TBC.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Welcome to the site.

For your future health I hope your jerk doctor does not ride a scooter and use this site. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts