Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought a 2006 Burgman AN400 for my daughter, who had been hinting she was going to buy it, with the intentions of daughter paying her back with 0% interest. Turns out daughter had decided she was too impulsive and was not going to get the bike. Wife asked me if I wanted it. Heck no...looks like a girls bike! My son has a Honda 650 Shadow and that was more up my alley, IF I was going to ever buy a bike. Then I got on for a test ride and was hooked. So now I've driven it to work twice and its shorting out...seemed to have something to do with kickstand, but now it's just dead, nothing comes on when I turn the key. Now I'm on this forum in search of others who may have had similar problems. I have found, and watched, the MicBergsma videos and successfully cleaned the contacts on the starter assembly (the bike started for a couple of days in a row, intermittently, afterwards, so I'm considering that successful - I am not a mechanic!). Anyways, enough about that...I'll go search the forums. I never had bikes, boats, quads or anything like that for this very reason. Friends who had these "toys" always seemed to have them torn apart...high maintenance. I'm hopeful once I find this problem that maintaining it won't be so bad.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome just came back from vacation & was through your state

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpeedandStyle - I've been reading and that seems to be the consensus out there...got lucky, I guess...and sometimes it's good to be lucky!
Desert Rat - I was going to apologize for how hot the state has been...then I saw where you were from and thought this may have been a cool breeze on your way back to the CA desert.
Regarding the issues on the bike...I watched some videos and decided to go check on the battery. Turns out the positive wire was barely hanging on by a thread, literally. Decided to just buy a new one so I knew what I was dealing with for any future issues. After pulling old battery and hooking battery cables up directly to the charger, lights came on, so once charged all the way up, I am hopeful this will remedy the situation.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Glad you may have the problem solved. Certainly sounds like it.

You'll be surprised by how much you use the scooter. It doesn't have the "cool factor" of other bikes, but it's got everything else in spades; Comfort, storage, fun, etc. I've had cool bikes in the past, but love my scooters more. Enjoy!

And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts