Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Peter and I live in Toronto, Canada.

I plan to purchase a AN400 next spring, but have owned and loved a Tomos moped before. Being a 50cc bike a little on the 'tiny' side (I'm 6'5, 275 lbs.) I'm looking forward to the AN400's size, power, and comfort.

I put over 7,500 kms on that little moped in 5 months before being flung over the handle bars, coming up to a stop sign on wet roads two years ago. I trust that'll be my last spill, (walked er -hobbled- away, well bloodied)! and I can't wait to start riding again!

Good to see one of the mods lives in Toronto too!

I look forward to reading all of your old threads everyone!

It's a real pleasure to have found this site.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum. Were going to have to hook up for a ride once you get yours.

I'm at Don Mills and Sheppard... where are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh! I'm reading more and more and the 650 sounds like a better fit.

Are there really any major size differences between the two? Both seem to have the same wheelbases and seat heights (girlfriend works for Suzuki and brought me home a catalog).

allwalk: I'm at Mt. Pleasant & Eglinton! I'm definately up for some riding next spring. Where did you get your M licence training? I've not seen a Burgman riding around the 'hood yet, but will keep an eye out for you...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Peter,

Welcome to the forum. I am 6'6" with a 34 1/2" inseam. When I sat on a Burgman 400, the handlebars would hit my leg when I turned them all the way to one side. The Honda Silverwing did the same thing. The Burgman 650 was the only one of the three where the handlebars did not contact my legs in any position. The seat height on the 650 is also a little higher than the 400, which feels more natural for folks with longer legs. And the 650 has more horsepower to haul us over-200 lb folks around.

I did remove the adjustable butt stop from the seat on my 650 to gain another 2" or so of leg room. That lets me stretch my legs quite nicely when riding.

You could probably make do with a 400. It's not often that a rider has to turn the handlebars to full lock position, and you could probably swing your leg out of the way... But I think it would prove awkward on the occasions where you have to make a tight U-turn. Overall, I think you would be more comfortable on a 650.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Big Youth said:
allwalk: I'm at Mt. Pleasant & Eglinton! I'm definately up for some riding next spring. Where did you get your M licence training? I've not seen a Burgman riding around the 'hood yet, but will keep an eye out for you...
I'm a long time rider and got my training in the dirt (motocross racer) When I got my M licence there was no graduated system.
Wow your girlfriend should get a company discount then right........on accessories as well........HUH! HUH! You could be my new bestest buddy :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pauljo: Thanks for the advice. I think all the tall members on the board have it right choosing the 650. Besides, removing the buttrest seems to work for you folks..

Allwalk: I wish! She proofreads literature and manuals. She doesn't have any 'connections' to speak of! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts