Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm from Bristol in the UK.

I've just traded in my Honda S-Wing 125 for a Burgman 650 Exec. It almost didn't happen as a car reversed into my Honda 2 days before I was due to part exchange it for the Burgman. Luckily, I was unhurt and the driver admitted liability... 1 month later and the insurance claim has been sorted and I have my shiny new bike! :)

I've been riding the Honda for 3.5 years as a learner and recently decided to stop being lazy and take my test. Because I passed my test on a 125cc bike, I am now restricted to 33BHP for 2 years... Even though my Burgman is now missing 21BHP my first impressions are very good! It's got great acceleration (enough for me), a very smooth, quiet, and comfortable ride, and is so much more sure footed in the bends/ruts than the Honda.

I decided to go for the Burgman 650 as I wanted a twin cylinder engine, good performance, practical storage, and big enough for me to stretch my legs (I'm 6ft tall). I was considering the Honda SilverWing, but the model they're selling in the UK hasn't had an update for 12 years (so looks dated), and didn't have any gadgets on it. The Honda also didn't have the low rate finance, 3 years warranty and breakdown cover that the Burgman came with.

I took the bike out for a ride at the weekend and starting getting nods from other bikers... call me naive but I didn't even know about it, nobody ever gave me a nod on my Honda S-Wing! LOL :wink:

So far I am not regretting my decision to buy the Burgman 650 and am looking forward to derestricting the bike in 2 years and getting back my 21BHP!!

Kev

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
hia kev, welcome, im not so far away there is a scootouring group on facebook if you used facebook. this is a great site to enjoy and learn.. xx pauia

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! I just asked the dealer to do it when I bought the bike. They just installed a "FI International" restrictor kit for about £130. I think it's just a throttle stop, but they also informed me that they had to remap the engine programming.... No doubt just BS to deter me from removing the throttle stop myself in 2 years, and to justify the ridiculous cost of installing and removing it.

I'm restricted to between 5000-6000 RPM, but the bike still performs well and I've had it up to 83 MPH (not on a public road of course) ;-)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Kev and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts