Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm both a brand new M/C rider & 650 owner. Bought mine in San Diego on July 16, 2004.

I'm taking a basic M/C rider's course on Aug 1-15, 2004. Will then have my M/C endorsement!

I live in Lancaster, CA and will be commuting to/from work on my 650 (100 miles round trip).

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Jay and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike and good luck with your course.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Aug isn't too far away. In the mean time you can order and install all of your new accesories. (Windshield, exhaust, GIVI cases, etc...) You won't regret the purchase.
-Bryan

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Jay Jacobson said:
I'm both a brand new M/C rider & 650 owner. Bought mine in San Diego on July 16, 2004. ...I live in Lancaster, CA and will be commuting to/from work on my 650 (100 miles round trip).
Welcome to the forum, Jay.

In September I'll be heading your way as I make a Border to Border run. If you see a silver 650 with a Washington plate, wave. :hello2:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey Jay, if you're coming in to Los Angeles (Van Nuys actually), definitely give me a shout and we'll ride.
One 650 owner to another.

- Chuck

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase of your 650 and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, Jay! If you can practice turns and such before the MSF course, you may find it helpful. The course is definitely well worth it!

Happy and safe riding,
Bryna

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, Paul. Yes, I plan to. I'll be starting very slowly--since I have no prior riding experience.

Jay

Jay,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA, and congratulations on your new 650! Sounds like you'll be rolling up some serious miles on that Burgman!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Warren,

Please give me the quick rundown on all your accessories. I'm a new rider, so I'm clueless! What are the advantages over stock?

Regards, Jay

If you get back down this way give me a holler and we'll ride!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Brian,

1850 miles in one month??!! I have to bow down! That's some serious riding!

Thank you and be safe out there.

Jay

In September I'll be heading your way as I make a Border to Border run. If you see a silver 650 with a Washington plate, wave. :hello2:[/quote]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Chuck,

My Dad still lives in Van Nuys at our childhood home! I stay there several days during the week when I don't feel like going all the way home.

Be in touch.

Jay

Hey Jay, if you're coming in to Los Angeles (Van Nuys actually), definitely give me a shout and we'll ride.
One 650 owner to another.

- Chuck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bryna! I definitely will. The course waves the DMV practical in CA. So once I complete it, all I have to do is take the written!

Regards, Jay

Welcome, Jay! If you can practice turns and such before the MSF course, you may find it helpful. The course is definitely well worth it!

Happy and safe riding,
Bryna

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rundown:

Stock windshield stinks: Clearview is much nicer, the stock one had the wind directly in my face.

Utopia backrest gives me support: I've had two major back surgeries

Givi trunk for storage, with extra brakelights for visibilty, and support for my wife when she rides.

Vista Cruise throttle lock to rest the old wrist on the long runs

GenMar risers get the bars higher and closer. I am 6' tall but a 30" inseam, so my arms/legs are on the short side; help my reach.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good to have you aboard, Jay.

Out of curiosity, is the Suzuki shop in S.D. still called Emde's Suzuki? I bought a '72 TS250 (Savage) from them when I was stationed there in the U.S. Navy, and rode with some of the employees from time to time. We were riding in the mountains one Sunday afternoon when Don Emde won Daytona. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts