Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings & Sallytashunz!!

(I've already learned from you guys (and gals) on this Forum! Thanks for being here!)

My first motorcycle - circa 1968 - was an Allstate 60. I had to keep it at a friend's house cuz my folks would have killed me! Not too mention I didn't have a license... I think I was 16... :cool:

Current day: I just bought a 2007 Blue 400cc Burgman - AN400K7 - for $2500. It had 3,222 miles on it; new rear tire; full-face helmet; two jackets; three pairs of gloves; and, trickle charger (needed to buy a new battery, though). No blemishes. And I enjoy the ride!!!!!!!! So far, I've ridden 100+ miles at 59 mpg!!

I also have a 2009 BMS Romans 150cc. It's white. ;) Bought it last year for $300 from a guy that dumped it. It had 23 miles on it. I had to put it together and get it workin'. 85% by myself; 10% by my neighbor; and, 5% by my mechanic (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tavos-Motorcycles/242883455847403). I now have 1009 miles on it - in about 6 months. :D

I made it mine. :) I installed a tachometer and a hazard switch; put a clock on it; made a permanent plug on the scooter side for the trickle charger; moved the fuse from the battery compartment to the seat storage for convenience; plastic-welded the ABS floor on the right side; removed the entire emissions system (uhhhh...for a test ;) ); the low rear reflector is now an additional brake light; as is the reflector on the back of the top case. It's all about being seen, right?

I'm not afraid to turn a screw on my Burgman...but I took it to my mechanic (Gus at Tavo's) to change all of the fluids and give it a once over. However, I did install a plug for the trickle charger. :tongue:

I am ready to ride!!!!

I really look forward to learning more from this Forum!!

(Enough of an introduction?) :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA. Usually i say "from sunny LA", but I suppose its equally sunny down San Diego way. Lots of good riding there, beautiful mountains and seascapes.

If you're looking for riding friends, check out www.meetup.com , I know there are several groups in your area, including a Burgman group.

Good luck. I think you're gonna enjoy that Burgman a bit more than the 150.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from another So. Cal rider out in the desert around Palm Springs.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from Tampa, Wicked - and congratulations on the new-to-you Burgman! Sounds as if you're quite handy with a wrench, which is always a good thing. Glad you found us - it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi guys and gals,my name is rick and im shopping for a ride for my wife,just gonna be lurking and learning!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts