Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself because my husband has posted my photo in the picture gallery way too many times! Having said that, we both enjoy this forum very much. I started riding motorcycles 29 years ago on a Honda 200CB. In those days, one didn't see many females riding motorcycles, unlike today thank goodness. I later traded in my Honda, and bought a Beluga scooter. Then we traded that in for 2 Honda Elite 250's.... but since April 2003 we are proud members of the Burgman family. More than any other bike, I sure do love riding my 650.... and it's twice the fun when I ride with Rod. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at our breakfast meet on Saturday 18 Sept at 10:00 AM at Emmas Back Porch in Burlington.
till then :cat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the forums Lisy. Glad you stopped lurking and made your presence known. Although I have been known to ride a couple of hours for a meal, it's several hundred miles too far for me to come up just for breakfast at Emmas Back Porch. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bill
Thanks for being my first reply. With regards to traveling for breakfast, who knows, maybe next year we'll travel a couple of hundred miles into your neck of the woods to meet you for breakfast. It had better be good!
:cat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
It had better be real good since it's just shy of 800 miles to my neck of the woods. You'd be welcome down this way anytime. You can even bring Rod down for the ride. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,363 Posts
Hi Lisy,

Let me welcome you to the forum also. It is always nice to hear from the female riders - they are a very enthusastic bunch. My wife has a motorcycle license, and used to ride her own motorcycles in the 400cc to 450cc class. After back surgery a few years ago, she seems content to occassionally go for a ride as passenger these days - but that could always change. Once again, welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Hi Lisy :wave: its about time you started posting. Glad you stopped lurking about and made your presence known. I'm looking forward to Emma's Breakfast run. Oh yes....Welcome to the forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
Hi There!

Welcome to the boards! I'm a late bloomer. Just started riding last year...much to the chagrin of my family. I currently have a "mini" scooter and am longing for a maxi...REALLY want a blue 650. I'm turning 40 in October and am hoping hubby takes all the subtle hints I'm dropping. I'm down in the Orlando, Florida area so I probably won't make the breakfast but I've been known to some crazy things in my life...

Take care and enjoy the ride!

Dee aka ScubaGirl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Lis said:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself because my husband has posted my photo in the picture gallery way too many times! Having said that, we both enjoy this forum very much. I started riding motorcycles 29 years ago on a Honda 200CB. In those days, one didn't see many females riding motorcycles, unlike today thank goodness. I later traded in my Honda, and bought a Beluga scooter. Then we traded that in for 2 Honda Elite 250's.... but since April 2003 we are proud members of the Burgman family. More than any other bike, I sure do love riding my 650.... and it's twice the fun when I ride with Rod. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at our breakfast meet on Saturday 18 Sept at 10:00 AM at Emmas Back Porch in Burlington.
till then :cat:
oh...did I mention that those photos can be found here:
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/1st-Ontar ... ast?page=1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
those Elite's looked like they were still in great shape, even after 18 years !!!

Mine was also that beige color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Diana
I read your past replies and note that you have had some health problems...so have I. Hopefully that is in the past for both of us, and we'll be able to fully enjoy our beautiful scooters as they were meant to be. You're right, one never knows about the future, so let's enjoy each day.
You GO girl!
:cat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Hi There!

ScubaGirl said:
Welcome to the boards! I'm a late bloomer. Just started riding last year...much to the chagrin of my family. I currently have a "mini" scooter and am longing for a maxi...REALLY want a blue 650. I'm turning 40 in October and am hoping hubby takes all the subtle hints I'm dropping. I'm down in the Orlando, Florida area so I probably won't make the breakfast but I've been known to some crazy things in my life...

Take care and enjoy the ride!

Dee aka ScubaGirl
Hi Dee
I really hope your birthday dream comes true. Years ago my husband was also against "biking", but after I pursuaded him to try it, his enthusiasm has now far surpassed mine, who knows, maybe you need to get your hubby out on a bike too. As for breakfast, my father has a place in Largo Florida, and we've toyed around the idea of taking our Burgmans there for a holiday. Maybe we can meet you at Sonny's for ribs some day. One never knows what the future will bring.
:cat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
allwalk said:
Hi Lisy :wave: its about time you started posting. Glad you stopped lurking about and made your presence known. I'm looking forward to Emma's Breakfast run. Oh yes....Welcome to the forum!
Hi Allan
Thanks for the welcome and I too am looking forward to meeting you, as Rod has told me what a nice fellow you are (I certainly know you're a patient person anyways). See you in September
:cat:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top