Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Rick from Putnam, Connecticut and I bought a 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650 about a year ago. I'm 50 years old and have owned and ridden motorcycles since I was 16. I bought this bike for my wife but find I've put most of the 1,000 or so miles on it. I'm glad there's a forum for these bikes.

I currently also own a 2004 Honda Gold Wing and a 2000 Kawasaki Concours. The Gold Wing is an incredible touring bike. I really racked up the miles on it last summer with two trips to Canada, a trip to Ohio, and other shorter trips around the Adirondack Mountains of New York where I own a vacation home. The Concours is an outstanding sport-touring bike. Both my son and I ride this bike.

I traded in my 2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII towards the Gold Wing which is the last bike I bought and I think my 18th bike since 1971. Most of my other bikes were Hondas, including my first bike, a 1969 Honda CB 350. No Harleys (I rode my cousins in 1972 and swore I'd never ride another - what a piece of crap, sort of like the current ones). I recently sold a 1986 Yamaha Virago 750 which I'd restored and was a pretty nice cruising bike.

I may decide to sell the Burgman this spring. My wife and I have taken up snowmobiling and I can off-set part of the cost of one of the sled we recently purchased with the sale of the Burgman. I really don't want to sell it, though, as it is such a fun bike.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Rick . Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Greetings Rick! :wave: I'm glad you finally stumbled onto our forum. Sounds to me like you have no room in the garage to park the cars or trucks, and there's nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hi Rick,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA. I lived in Connecticut for many years. The last bike I had there was a Kawi Concours, and I agree that it is a very good sport touring machine (I put 66,000 miles on mine). I'll also say that overall, either of my current Suzukis are more fun (grin factor). I did all of my sport touring last year on the Burgman 650. It just sounds like you are a man with too many toys. Such a problem to have! :wink:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Greetings Rick, glad to have you on the forums. 8)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hi Rick. Great to see more ppl all the time! I like that Concours a lot. There was one at my Suzuki dealer and it almost pulled me off my 650.
Be well, ride safe.
Pedz

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The Concours is a good bike, and a great bargain. I had a 1995 and put 66,000 miles on it. It has survived for 20 years, with only minor upgrades once. That is quite a feat. At this point in time it is still quite capable, but showing its age. I also looked at a new one in '03 before I bought my Suzukis. An old friend for sure, but it was time to move on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts