Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2005 Silver Burgman 650 about a month ago and just love it!

I've had bigger bikes (Gold Wing until 2 months ago), I've had faster bikes (Ninja, Hurricane), but this is by far the funnest street bike I've ever had.

I visited my dealer today inquiring about a back rest and a taller windshield, and I noticed a fellow with a Blue Burgman 650 in the parking lot - Jack "Stumpy" if I remember correctly? We talked for a bit and he mentioned that there was this GREAT website that linked Burgman owners from all over the world.

I've spent a few hours here today and I'm really impressed with the Gallary and forums - seems like a pretty good group of people!

Take Care,

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Gilles. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 650.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Gilles and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa!
where did you buy, east or west?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I spend a fair bit of time in your neck of the woods. Perth to be exact. I put the Suzuki taller windshield on my 650 the day I bought it. I'm 6'3" and still found it too short. The wind would hit me right in the face. I just recently bought and installed the Laminar Lip which now directs about 80% of the wind over my head. Nice improvement. I would have considered the larger non-Suzuki windshields if I hadn't already invested in the Suzuki Large screen.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yo Gilles!

I got the backrest for my bride, and a Clearview XXL for me. They're both well worth the investment.

Steve

·
Registered
639 Posts
Arby said:
I just recently bought and installed the Laminar Lip which now directs about 80% of the wind over my head. Nice improvement.
Hey Arby, where did you buy your Laminar Lip and how much did you pay for it?

I also have the taller Suzuki OEM windshield on my 650, but I get a fair amount of buffeting on the head (I'm 5'11"). I think some of the wind is coming around the sides of windshield and not just over the top. Did the Lip help with that?

Sure would be nice to have wind tunnel so I could see the airflow around the fairing & windshield. :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ordered the Laminar Lip off their web site. Cost was $75 plus $20 shipping in US dollars. Converted to $119 on my credit card. When I went to pick it up at the post office they charged me another $20 cdn. PST & GST plus $8.00 handling fee. I ordered it on a Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. I had asked them to include 4 extra fasteners and they did so at no extra charge. Fantastic service. :p

I installed it as high as possible and I still manage to look over it. Very easy to install. It seems to remove much of the over the top wind. I never had any problem with around the sides wind so I can't tell if it reduces it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Arby.

Just getting ready to leave on our 11 day Hawaiian Cruise to celebrate our 30th Anniversary (actually it's the Honeymoon we never had - better late than never :lol: ).

I will deal with the windshield problem when I get back. It's either get a Lip or Clearview with vent. Thanks for the input. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I visited my dealer today inquiring about a back rest and a taller windshield, and I noticed a fellow with a Blue Burgman 650 in the parking lot - Jack "Stumpy" if I remember correctly? We talked for a bit and he mentioned that there was this GREAT website that linked Burgman owners from all over the world.
Hi Gilles

Met you on Monday

The name's BUMP but Stumpy was close.....

Whattaya think of the website.....

This is a great place to visit and LEARN about the Burgman

Gone

BUMP

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hiya Gilles!
Welcome to the ICOBO.
pete

·
Registered
367 Posts
Capital B said:
Sails said:
Welcome from Ottawa!
where did you buy, east or west?
Hi Ken!

I bought my Burgman at Motor Sports World in Nepean. You?

Gilles
Yep! Sameplace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Burgman vs Goldwing

alburg said:
Hi Gilles, welcome to the forum. I would be interested to know what your thoughts are in comparing the Burgman 650 and the Gold Wing. I realize that they are two different bikes but they can both be used for touring.

Thanks Al
Hi Al,

Taking into consideration that there are many differences between the two bikes, at this point I would say that I prefer the Burgman to the Wing. Both are great bikes and I think which one is 'best' likely depends on your needs - there are trade-off's with both bikes.

My Burgman Pros compared to Goldwing;
- Much lighter
- Better lean angles
- Good weekend (clothing) storage capability
- Much better gas mileage
- Easier handling package for day and casual riding (solo or 2 up)

My Burgman Cons compared to Goldwing;
- Less storage capability (for me, comes into play about twice a year)
- No built-in stereo/CB/intercom/CD player
- No trailor towing capability (for me, comes into play about twice a year)

At the moment, most of my riding is casual riding and day trips with my wife. That being said, the Burgman 650 is a MUCH more FUN ride for me and my wife!

Hope that answers some of your questions Al.

Gilles

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Burgman vs Goldwing

Capital B said:
...My Burgman Cons compared to Goldwing...No trailor towing capability...
Hi Gilles.

There have been some Burgman 650 owners towing trailers. They may not tow as heavy a trailer as the Goldwing, but a light trailer should be no problem.

Something you might want to look into for your twice yearly tours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts