Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Got my Burgman last Saturaday. What a great bike this is.
I am ejoying every ride. I put 120 miles on the scoot the first day. I am really impressed with the power. I really like the way the engine breaking works. Reminds me of my Honda I had back in the late 70's.

I am 50 years old. I did most of my riding in the desert. I rode on the streets some. I took the MSF course before I got my license again.

I want to thank all of you that use this web site. It really helped me a lot in making up my mind about buying the Burgman.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Dutch. Glad to have you join us.

Congratulations on the new Burgman. I'm sure you have a blast being back on 2 wheels again. I know I am. :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Dutch,

Congratulations on your new Burgman! :) Don't even have to see your face to know that there is a big grin :D going from ear to ear. The more you ride the big Burgy the more you'll enjoy it.
It loves to be ridden everyday, so let the fun begin! :headbang:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Glad to have you join us Dutch. Thrilled to hear that you're impressed with the Burgman. Enjoy it !

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great to have you with us! I too did a lot of desert riding (in the Palm Springs CA area) growing up and took the MSF course when I decided it was time to get back on two wheels.

Johnny

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Palms Springs

No I never rode down south. We would go to a dry lake bed and the foot hills around the city of Adelanto. You had to be careful in the hills because they're were abandon mine shafts that could swallow up the front tire of any bike. I had a XR 250 my buddy had a RM 250. Had a great time riding out there though.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey Dutch,

Last month we had a Los Angeles Burgman group ride through Angeles Crest. People came from as far as San Diego!! I'll probably be organizing another one in the Spring next year. Hopefully you'll be able to participate!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
group ride

chuck807, Sounds like fun. I saw the post for the group ride. I couldn't join in at that time no burgie. Looking forward to riding in the spring. I love riding now Dec 19. 81 degrees outside. It a real bummer riding in so cal in Dec.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: group ride

Dutch said:
I love riding now Dec 19. 81 degrees outside. It a real bummer riding in so cal in Dec.
Dutch,
Hope you didn't get too hot riding today. My Burgman is under cover and it is 11 chilly degrees in Iowa. My wife and I went 9 years without riding after we got rid of our Wings. We got back into scooting 2years ago and haven't looked back. Enjoy and stay safe.

Helix

Is Spring here yet????? :smilebox:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
group ride

Helix,

Nope it wasn't to hot. I did get a little sun burn on my face on Saturday.

I am still getting used to the burgie and I was trying to max out the gas gauge and went a little to far. I ran out of gas about a mile from home. I called the wife and she was kind enough to bring a gallon of gas to me. I used the power switch a little on that tank. I got about 8 miles per gallon less than my first tank. So that worked out to be about 24 miles less and that's exactly where the trip meter was when I ran out of gas.

51 miles per gallon all city riding.
43 miles per gallon with the power switch and mixed city and highway riding

·
Registered
4 Posts

Dutch wrote:
Dutch said:
It a real bummer riding in so cal in Dec.
I feel your pain. I'm in Long Beach, and the only days I DON"T ride is when it's pouring (we had a few this year.). Getting my 650 Burgie in 2 days, and would be interested in joining a ride. Keep me posted please.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

leftkost said:
...Getting my 650 Burgie in 2 days, and would be interested in joining a ride. Keep me posted please.
Keep an eye on the "Rallys and Gatherings" thread, too. That's a good place to arrange or join a group ride in your area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts