Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There:

My name is Todd and I live in Columbus, Oh ; Just bought my 2009 Burg 650 this past July and absolutely love it. I've been riding scooters for 20 years and have come up through the ranks from a Honda Elite 150 to a Honda Reflex to a Honda Silver Wing and then on to this. I should have bought one years ago-didn't know what I was missing. Us Burg riders are a lonely bunch out here-few and far between. Mostly harleys and sportbikes. Looking for anyone to ride with. There are some great roads here once you get well away-North and East from the city Happy riding while we still have some decent weather left!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Welcome!

I know what you mean about few and far between, Here in Roswell it is mostly cruiser riders{90-95%} with a couple of younger guys on sports plus an odd enduro or two. Very few scoots and even fewer big scoots. As far as I know I am the only Burg 400 rider here. If there is another it doesn't get used much. I have seen a 650 or two and I know there is a member on this forum who is from a town just down the road, he has a 650. Might be him that I have seen?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.meetup.com/ColumbusMotorcycleRiders/

This looks like a nice group to ride with. They seem safety conscious, active and accepting. They even have a great ride this weekend! Try emailing the organizer, see if they'd be cool with a scooter. Just make sure to mention that you're an experienced rider and that your bike can easily keep up with the group. From what I've read I think you'll be fine. Be sure to go up to the organizer before the ride and say introduce yourself.

Good luck and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hello from Dayton, OH! :)

Back when I had a Miata (the "4-wheel motorcycle"), I met up with a group and we ran the roads around Marietta, OH. Start at Zanesville and take Rt. 555 south, then 550 East to Marietta. Then go drive around a bunch of those back roads! :D
Rt. 26 and Rt. 536 are pretty fun, and scenic. (If you can spare the glance while running the twisties!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43vuEz_6uR4

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from sunny Tampa, Todd - glad you found us; it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix! You should come down here to Florida if you're feeling alone. Though it's still mostly sportbikes and cruisers, there are a BUNCH of scooters of all displacements.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I can't understand why more people don't own these. I guess Harley's done a great job marketing their stuff combined with their long history. The scoot technology has come a long way and most folks don't know what they're missing. Still to much of a stigma attached to scooters-no matter how big they are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Todd, I'm up in Lewis Center and would be glad to join you for a ride sometimes. Don't think the weather is going to cooperate much this time of year, but spring will be here next year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Todd. I'm Wayne and am from Dayton, OH - I go upto IronPony in Westerville quite a lot, probably no more trips out there this year unless I need something in a hurry, but in the spring I'll be back out there - maybe a run on OH555 and OH26??? Let me know if you want to ride sometime!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Todd and Wayne, we should get together in the spring for a ride. One of my favorites is to go north to Lake Erie.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Todd, Welcome to the group. Was up in Columbus Saturday. Had to Iron Pony. Love that store. There are lots of riders in the southern half of Ohio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Todd, Wayne and Proto... I am new to the group. Brought my '06 Burgman home last Friday. I would certainly be interested in meeting up for a ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts