Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Stormsteed :wave:

First of all welcome to the forum.
The only reason I would not suggest the 650 for you depends on wether you can touch the ground comfortable with both feet while you are sitting on it.
Like another writer I saw post, I also have necrosis of the hips and have had both hips replaced.
If you can only touch properly with one foot then this means you have to lean the bike over a little thus putting even greater weight on your leg. The 400 is a little shorter at the saddle and also about 100 lbs lighter overall. The comfort is still there and unless your riding with a passenger alot it should be more than adequate to do the job you seek.
Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Stormsteed;
A lot would depend on what you will use the scooter for, while the 400 will do "freeway duty" it's not as good as the 650. But if you will not be going across america then the lower seat,and lower weight (better MPG) of the 400 is the way to go. take the plunge you won't regret it. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
I've owned a 400 and currently own a 650,
if your 2 up high speed riding, the 650 is the better choice.

I'f you ride mostly solo average riding, the 400 is a better choice.

the 650 is heaver, but rides nicer, and handles the wind better.
The 650 needs more muscle for pushing (in a garage for example).

The 400 is really nice for solo, can do 70 all day, lighter weight and better mileage.

Oh, and welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where in Northern Calif?

Welcome to the fold (or soon to be, I hope). If you live in or near the City, let me know. I'd be willing to give you a ride-around on my 650 to see if it might be what you're looking for. I agree that the 400 might be better suited to you, but you won't know until you try.
- Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fix'in to make the plunge...

I currently own a HD Sportster which is fun to run through the gears but my wife was not too excited about getting on the back with me. I looked long and hard at HD Electraglide Classics and Goldwings, plus Silverwing, helix, aprilla and suzuki bergmans (of course). The way I figure it I can keep the HD and have a touring bike (the bergman 650) for less than I can trade on a new large touring bike. I like the weight and the features on the bike plus being 6'3 and about 260 I need the room and the cc's. I plan to ride on the blue ridge parkway this summer in the Blowing Rock, Boone North Carolina area. If anyone is heading that way give me a shout. Don't quite have the smile on my face until I finish the deal but we are getting close enough that he is holding it for me. It is a Blue '03.

Ride Safe... :eek:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ahh... A blue one. They are the best. :wink:
Don't let it slip away!

And I too kept my motorcycle when I bought the Burgman 650.
It's nice to have both. But I ride the Burgman a lot more often
than the motorcycle lately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work in Davis and have a 400

If you would like to see the 400 up close go to City Hall and look in one of the motorcycle parking spots mine will be there. I'll let you have a sit to see how it fits you. I don't have any phyical problems but I did not go for the 650 because it was too heavy for me. I'm female, shorter than you and weigh more and the 400 is great, I'm getting 70 mpg back and forth between Woodland and Davis at about 55 to 60 mph and it is still new. Good Luck Hope to see you around town

Burgman 04 400 Blue with front crome kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts