Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there! My name's Will. I bought a 2007 Burgman 400 with 14,000 miles on it with the intention of taking it to San Francisco and back this August (A dream of mine). I sold my Kawasaki Concours in favor of a Burgman because I caught the scooter bug. I just did a 900mi weekend trip on my Vespa and I wanted something with a few more horses. While I'm waiting on my filters and belt, I fabbed up some racks to mount some pelican 1430 cases for secure storage. I'll be camping along the way and my tent, sleeping bag, mat, and helmet take up all the under seat storage so i needed something secure for riding gear and clothes. I also did the junkyard headrest-seat mod. I still need to paint it though. This forum has been very helpful so far, and I look forward to being a part of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, that all looks really professionally done. Wouldn't have guessed it was home made. Looks like you need very little help.

You might want to consider a seat pad like the Airhawk and perhaps a windscreen. You look like a tall fellow. But sounds like this is not your first long ride. I'm sure you know what you'll need.

If you ever need to take off the muffler, make sure to get the 08 exhaust pipe / muffler gasket connector. The 07s connector had a tendency to burn up.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
"There is a house in New Orleans." Welcome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that all looks really professionally done. Wouldn't have guessed it was home made. Looks like you need very little help.

You might want to consider a seat pad like the Airhawk and perhaps a windscreen. You look like a tall fellow. But sounds like this is not your first long ride. I'm sure you know what you'll need.

If you ever need to take off the muffler, make sure to get the 08 exhaust pipe / muffler gasket connector. The 07s connector had a tendency to burn up.
I appreciate the compliments on my rack. I used to be a "professional" building and rigging truck bodies haha. It's funny you mention the windscreen and Airhawk, I was considering ordering those.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
>>I just did a 900mi weekend trip on my Vespa<<

Seriously??
Yes. I was sitting on my computer looking at Burgmans and I thought, "do I really need to buy another scooter?" The next morning I took off to visit my friend in Austin Tx on my 150cc Vespa. After that weekend, I answered my previous question with a resounding "YES!". Oh, and of course it rained for the first 300miles haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes. I was sitting on my computer looking at Burgmans and I thought, "do I really need to buy another scooter?" The next morning I took off to visit my friend in Austin Tx on my 150cc Vespa. After that weekend, I answered my previous question with a resounding "YES!". Oh, and of course it rained for the first 300miles haha.
Heck, the 400 will SEEM like a Goldwing after that trip.

Once you get it set up, the Burgmans are some of the most comfortable bikes on the road. You should think about of a bumper riser or backrest as well. The 400s in butt bumper, in particular, makes a nice rest.

http://www.3brothersperformance.com/

·
Registered
345 Posts
which route did you take to austin? Don't tell me you took I-10 all the way to/fr Austin on that 150.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhh...............
I-10 doesn't go to Austin....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum Will!

Good job on the side racks!

I've just returned from a 700mi weekend trip, check out burgmanchile youtube channel for accessories and ideas for your trip!

funny thing I've been looking for Concours lately but like more the FJR!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
which route did you take to austin? Don't tell me you took I-10 all the way to/fr Austin on that 150.
I took Us-190 then it turned into something else. The speed limits got up to 65mph if I remember correctly. The Vespa tops out at 59mph, but there wasn't much traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts