Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 09 650 Burgman. Ive had it about a month and already put close to 2000 miles on it. Love the bike and love riding it in union county just outside of Charlotte, don't love the gas mileage but I can work on that! :D

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from the other side of the USA out here by Palm Springs Ca.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from hot and sticky Tampa, Florida! You'll love that 650. The mpg indicator is generally a couple of gallons to the pessimistic side; you'll notice this if you calculate the mileage with the odometer at the pump. Better mileage comes with smooth operation, and that'll become second nature as you get more miles under your belt. I get a pretty consistent 51-53mpg calculated at the pump; if you're getting much under the mid-40s, there's probably something wrong somewhere.

One thing's for certain - if you ask questions, you'll get plenty of answers here. Glad you found us - it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome MkGavin. I'm not far from you and in the Mint Hill/Midland area. We're probably riding on some of the same roads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi There, can't wait to ride, I'll keep you posted on our weekend rides so you can join us!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bike tells me I'm getting about 46MPG but when I calculate it myself I'm getting about 48-49. hopefully I can bump up the MPG by a mile or two as I get a bit smoother with the thotle

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome MkGavin! I live in West Virginia but work quite a bit in the Waynesville/Maggie Valley area of North Carolina.

Enjoy the Burgman! I made the switch back in December to a 400 and love the Burgman for long distance travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts