Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I just aquired a 2003 Burgman 650 a few weeks ago, and I really love it so far! My journey to this scooter was kinda weird, I had ridden a 2003 FJR1300 for quite a while when my wife showed some interest in learning to ride. I went to my local motorcycle shop and found a nice clean 2007 Honda Reflex 250. She tried it a few times and decided she did not want to ride, so I figured I would re sell the scoot. I made a tactcal error and started riding it to and from work, and soon enough my poor FJR sat in the garage, A LOT!!!
For the next few years I put a ton of miles on the Reflex, and much fewer on the FJR. In the back of my mind I knew that it was possible for me to just own a scooter and no motorcycle, but I tried to ignore it. Until the day I rode by another motorcycle shop and I saw for sale a beautiful dark blue Burgman 650! I took it for a test ride and my mind was made up before I brought it back, I sold my FJR and Reflex and used some of the proceeds to buy the Burgman. So far it has been really nice, and shockingly I have not had sellers remorse like I usually do when I sell a bike! I really love this site and look forward to many more miles/smiles on the Burg'.

Michael

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride. Do check out the BKB links; the 2003 & 2004 650s had some issues that were resolved in later years. It is all exhaustively documented and discussed here. :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum Michael :hello2:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!
What ...... no pictures of the bike? and from the Show me state too.
Ride Safe and Have Fun.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
CheapO mentioned the BKB...
that's the Burgman Knowledge Base.....
a good reference place for a lot of answers...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took some pics today!!! My son helped me remove the back tire after we took these pics, as it was due for replacement, bearings and rear brake pads need replaced also, so I have some fun stuff to do! I actually enjoy working on my bikes, it is kinda therapeutic!

Michael

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! I just sold my blue 2003 Burgman-beautiful color! JC

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Hey Michael:

I always loved that Blue on the Burgman. I wish Suzuki could give up Black for one year so we could have some color. I might update then... especially if they's update the scoot some.

Enjoy :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts