Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie checking in. My G/F and I are the proud owners of an '05 650. She followed me into my motorcycling obsession. She suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, so squeezing a clutch lever was out of the question. After 1 season on a Hondamatic 400, she was sick of trying to catch up, so along came our Burgman. I came up with the Burgman idea, she wasn't really into it, as she wanted a "motorcycle" and not a "scooter". After a month on it, she loves it, and has no desire to go back to a standard bike. Just did a 475 mile day in upper Michigan, along with running the Hurricane Highway, and she had a blast. Since I am the one charged with upkeep of our toys, I joined the forum, as it was very helpful in deciding to purchase our scoot. Hope to see some of you around in our touring.

Oh, and I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager. Big dresser for those times she just wants to ride with me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That Vulcan must be heavy. I'm guessing you'll be "borrowing" the burgman, just for quick trips to "the store"... That happens to be 100 miles away. Lol. It happens.

Congratulations and Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really. I am more of the pipes and chrome, leather and rumble type of guy. Stereotypical biker I suppose. I do agree that the Burgman is a piece of cake to ride, and fun, but it's just not what I'm into. I do have great respect for the level of engineering and the overall fit and finish of it. I enjoy riding it, but not what I would prefer.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Hello fellow Michigander , I'm on the other side of the state by Lake St. Clair .
If she can handle the weight she will love it , good luck and welcome aboard .

TheReaper!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts