Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in Malta I have a 400 Burgman that I ride to work and spend weekends exploring the Island. If I turn right (south) from my house I can go for almost 9 miles before falling in the sea. Turning left is a whopping 8 miles to the sea! The roads are crap and the drivers are "undisciplined."
I bought the Burgman 2 months ago, I've had loads of different bikes, sports, cruisers, chops but I love riding the Burgman, this one is a keeper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :hello2:

I love Malta, spent a bit of time there, unfortunately the last time was back in 1982.

I cannot imagine surviving scooter riding there - the roads and drivers were truly terrible.;) Has it changed any?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on the 400 and glad to hear you are enjoying it so much.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome from Surrey B.C. Canada, my nephew Mike Tanti tried to have a motorcycle shop in Malta a couple of years ago but has now moved on to Scotland. He has regaled us with many unbelievable tales of road oddities and took quite a few photos of road signs that make no sense in any language!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the forum from hot and sticky Tampa, Florida. Like Norm, I too have been to Malta. Unlike Norm, my last visit was in 1959 - we were in Europe while Dad was attached to the Allied Army Of The Occupation Of France. I'll bet it's changed quite a bit since then!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Norman,
It would be wrong to comment on the standard of driving here because there isn't one! ha ha.
Expect to have a car pull out in front of you at EVERY junction, EVERY time and it's fine. The main thing is not to interpret the driving as aggression, it's just how it is.
I recently passed my truck test here and the instruction is excellent and the test is hard. So I don't know how the drivers are so reckless.
Thanks for all your welcomes :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts