Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding a Honda Spacy 250 for the last ten years but today I aquired a 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650,I have just come back from a 20 mile first test drive what a difference.I have got to go now I have underpants to wash TaTa :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Butsy

How appropriate!

Welcome to the forum and Burgman ownership.

Leaving aside the unmentionables :wink: would be interested to hear your overall view of the Lardy once you feel ready! :)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hey Butsy and Ta ta ta you too.

Ciao man - gotta hit the streets an get my 10 minute fix.

pete

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Butsy. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 650.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greetings, Butsy. Welcome to the ICOBO! :hello2:

I also had a 250 Honda ('though it's been a while). Love my Burgman! I'm sure you will too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I will regret this.

You have got to remember that im new at this but why do you all call the Burgman a Lardy.I just know I will live to regret this Question TA TA For now

·
Registered
969 Posts
You wanna handle this, Norm? :)

Steve

Gear up!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
With much pleasure! :) :lol: :)

Its just a weak inside joke that is nothing more than really a term of endearment! :)

Many moons ago grasshopper when I was JUST the owner of a 400 Burgman I used to tease the 650 owners (who staunchly defend their pride and joy) with the 'Lardy' expression - while comparing it to the 'Svelte' qualities of the 400.

Now while it was a tease there is an element of truth - the 650 is a large machine by any definition and the heaviest in the Suzuki range. But to offset that, and as a now Lardy owner, I can confirm it carries the weight low and handles with aplomb. Just be careful how you park it and DO NOT run out of fuel.

Thats it then, Lardy = Burgman 650, Svelte = Burgman 400 :) :lol: :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lardy

Thanks for that Norm,that was as clear as mud no doubt the more i communicate with you chaps the more i will understand.I thought it may be a abbreviation. In Lpool someone who is fat is sometimes called lard arse i thought this may have been a reference to the wide seat strange how the mind works. TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Lardy

Butsy said:
. In Lpool someone who is fat is sometimes called lard arse i thought this may have been a reference to the wide seat strange how the mind works. TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)
Right on the money - I was just dressing it up a bit :eek:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NormanB said:
...the 650 is a large machine by any definition and the heaviest in the Suzuki range.
BTW, this is no longer the case; the Suzuki C90T, at 695 pounds dry (316kg) is now the heaviest Suzuki. My Burgman "only" weighs 607 pounds wet.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I take it all back! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts