Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE BEEN VISITING THIS FORUM FOR QUITE SOMETIME BUT JUST NOW BECAME COMPUTER LITERATE ENOUGH TO REGISTER AND POST A MESSAGE. I BOUGHT A 650 BURGMAN LAST AUGUST FOR MYSELF. AND FOUND AN ALMOST NEW 400 RIGHT AFTER THAT FOR MY WIFE. I WAS GOING TO WAIT A YEAR BEFORE BUYING HERS BUT COULDN'T TURN DOWN THE DEAL. I DON'T HAVE THE EXPERIENCE SOME OF YOU GUYS DO AS WE ONLY FINISHED THE SAFETY COURSE LAST JUNE. THE INFORMATION ON THE FORUM HAS BEEN INVALUABLE AS FAR AS FINDING ACCESSORIES FOR THE BIKES. KEEP UP THE GOOD SHIFTLESS WORK! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Glad that you have found the forum useful, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your riding experiences this year.

Just a small tip - typing in all caps is regarded as "shouting" in Internet forums. :wink:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Silver Fox.

It sure is nice when the wife likes to ride her own bike. :)

Hoping some day my wife will get off the back and onto her own AN-400. But I have to be thankful that at least she enjoys biking. :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi Yo, Silver. Welcome to the Burger joint, where fast food, and fast scoots, are made for each other. 8)

Steve

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Siverfox and welcome to the forum. Please extend our greetings to your wife and an invite for her to join and post as well. I'm sure the other woman riders would like to hear her thoughts and views as well as the men. :wave:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA Silver Fox!!! 8)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!! :hello2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tip on the bold italics, but I guess that's what happens when one gets old and hard of hearing! Ha! And that is a good idea about the wife joining. She is better at this then I am. Not riding of course, just typing but I must say not to have ridden before last summer she has done well. We took one trip to Muncie, INdiana last September and she did extremely well except for the tired butt syndrome, but the airhawk seat I learned about on the forum has virtually solved that problem. THanks again for all the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome to the forum Silver Fox. :wave: Give your wife a little push to join too. It's great to hear more women are riding their own bikes these days.
And don't for get to post your Burgers names under "General Discussion" ""What's your Burgman's Name""
:wav:

Janine

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums silver fox. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
185 Posts
good to have you here....

Greetings to you & your wife, SilverFox.

I'm taking the riding course since I've never driven a 2-wheel vehicle.
I'm interested in your experiences as relatively new riders.

Keep us posted!

Susan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The motorcycle safety course was the best money that I ever spent. MY wife had only ridden a bicycle before taking the course and after the course she was able to ride with everyone else and handle all of the manuvers they taught. I highly recommend the course as it has come in handy numerous times...What part of the Gulf Coast are you on Gulf Coast Girl? I had an opportunity to ride into New Orleans and Mobile Alabama in October with some friends from Mississippi. Those were good break in rides for a new rider!!! I think they not only wanted to test me out but also the Burgman to see how it would hold up.... Needless to say the Burgman did it's thing with flying colors.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Howdy hi there Silver! :salute:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts