Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

my name is Marco, from Oristano, Italy; currently living in Irvine, California and probably staying!

I got a an400k7 last week, paid 3000$ with 7000miles. Included a Give air flow windshield and upgraded clutch to 2008 model.

I LLLooove it! My only experience with scooter was my Gilera Stalker, which I rode for ~6 years when I was in Italy, but that was almost 10years ago.

really like the burgman. Got my M1 license yesterday (that **** DMV circle...I though I had no chances!!!). I will write my experience soon.

Currently I am writing my thesis on Elt. Engineering. In the meantime I am trying to learn a few things on the burgi. Need to fix the front brake light switch and find a mechanic in the area to replace front tire.

I am quite handy with microcontrollers, power electronics and stuff like this, so I am designing (slowly and just for fun, no commercial interests here) a clone of the "IQ-160 Intelligent Lighting Controller". The code is almost ready, I will figure out the wiring later.

This forum is great! Thank you guys!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad to have you here Marco, and welcome to the USA! Best of luck on that advanced EE degree; I'm lookinf forward to your ideas on the lighting controller. I'm happy you've found us - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forums, enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to So Cal and BUSA Marco. You are going to love the 400! I've had mine for over seven years, still ride her almost daily, and enjoy every minute. Let me know if you are interested in joining some riding groups. There's a couple down your way I know of.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
:wave: from the desert around Palm Springs

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys!

ShuadChaun: yes please, let me know!

Liamjs: second baby on the way, not sure if I have time for group rides, but just in case, let me know please! I would love it

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thank you guys!

ShuadChaun: yes please, let me know!

Liamjs: second baby on the way, not sure if I have time for group rides, but just in case, let me know please! I would love it
Ooo, second baby. That's tough but if you find time...

Try www.meetup.com and search for "scooter". There's an active Long Beach group and some northern San Diego clubs.

http://www.southbayscooterclub.com/
Southbay club puts out a monthly newsletter that lists all the local rides. Get on their mailing lists. Mario runs it, good guy, does a monthly ride as well.

Good luck. Hope you can get some rides in before the due date.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome! I lived in Anaheim some 35years ago and sure miss it this time of the year. Temps so cold in N.J. this time of the year hard to ride. Was 2 degrees this morning.Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts