Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all;
OK so where is Goleta? Right next to Santa Barbara!
On Sept. 15, '04, I became the proud ownwer of a
2004 Silver Burgman 650.
What a bike! I've got bugs all over my teeth.:lol:
But then coming from a Vespa ET-4, anything "big" like this would be
impressive.
Still have the Vespa and still love it for "around town".
The Burgman is great on both the "highways" and on the "by-ways" with enough power to lose a nagging tailgater if necessary.
Logged about 2000 miles to date.
We are fortunate to have some great riding spots in this area:

o winding back roads
o ocean views
o mountain views
o wine country and citrus orchards

Hope you can make it up here sometime, I'd love to show some of it.
Having found this great website, I no longer feel alone...there ARE other
Burgmen out there and what a wealth of information!

Hasta,
GinDrinker
:D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the Burgman USA forums GinDrinker. Glad to have you join us. Might I suggest a taller windscreen for your 'bug problem'? :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think I visited Goleta once. Or maybe it was Des Moines. Whatever.

Anyway, welcome to the group!

Steve

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gindrinker. You live in one of the best parts of southern California, a great climate and great riding country. We often visit Santa Barbara, as there is a lot to do and see in Santa Barbara and the surrounding area. :)

Cheers Al

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey GinDrinker, welcome to the forum! Just two weekends ago we (the Ventura SCRC) had a group ride up to Solvang. We took back-roads, but I'm sure we passed Goleta on the way back. They're doing a "toy run" to Santa Barbara this Saturday to raise money for toys for needy kids this Xmas. I can't go as I work on Saturdays but their usual rides are on Sundays... maybe I'll catch you on one of them. I've ridden my 650 Burger with them a couple of times and they're a great group. Check 'em out at http://www.venturascrc.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Mark

I'm the one who waved you over to the side of the road on Linden Ave. in Carpinteria today (Friday, Nov. 3, 2004). Good to see another Burg 650 in the area. I picked mine up Aug 7 from Thousand Oaks and have about 3500 miles thus far. I'm fortunate in that my work (as I mentioned in our conversation) takes me to various towns in Ventura/Santa Barbara counties, then I get to take the twisty way home. A few weeks ago I appraised a house in Santa Barbara and came home via Mountain Dr., San Ysidro, East Valley, Park Ln., Bella Vista, Ladera, and then the 192 to Carpinteria. Beautiful stuff. I often do the 150 around Lake Casitas to Carpinteria, one of my favorites. We are also fortunate in that we get to ride year round, I feel for the guys that have to bed them for the winter. We'll have to keep our eyes open for other local Burgman riders (or friends that ride other forms of two wheels) and schedule a group ride someday.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your comments and information.
Again, what a site this is, full of tech stuff and nice people!

To billmeek:
Suggestion taken, but I'll still be smiling. :lol:

To alberg:
Yes, you are right, this is a great area to ride and visit; also fortunate that we can ride year-round: 65*F today!

To chuck807:
Nice to find another B-man in the area and thanks for the SCRC site.
If you plan a ride up this way, let me know.

To MiSeaRider:
Great to meet-up with you yesterday. Coming down from Goleta to Carp
yesterday, I took the exact ride that you mentionned.On a clear, sunny day, it's about as close to heaven as you can get!
Hope we can meet and do Ojai/Casitas or San Marcos Pass and the Santa Ynez Valley.
How about Xmas or New Year's day at Refugio Beach..now that's a Happy Thought. :)
Give a call when you're in Santa B.

Would like to do my own basic maintenance on the 650 and have several
questions which I will keep for another time & forum.
Hasta,
GinDrinker

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome Gin Drinker :hello2:

..............been know to imbibe a few myself from time to time. :wink:

In fact I have done a few tours of this placein the past and each time managed to develop a much warmer feeling (hic!).

Pink Gin anyone? :drunken:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi NormanB,
Thanks for the welcome from the "other" side of the pond!
Never had the pleasure of sipping Plymouth, but I did own a car by that name. :)
Am a dedicated Beefeater fan on the rocks or with a little Scheweppes tonic
Salut, prosit, Gin-gin, or whatever you say,
GinDrinker
04 Silver AN650
04 Silver Vespa ET4
81 Triumph TR8 FI Conv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts