Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, :D

This is awesome sight. I'm learning a lot and hope to give advices to newbies later on.
I've got my 2011 Burgy a few weeks ago from a dealer called Cyclebarn at Smokey Point, Wa.
I almost bought same year Burgy from Everett Power Sport and pay at least $1,200.00 more, but stoped the deal last minuete.

I've already did a few mod and 600 mile check up thanks to postings from members of BurgmanUSA.com :thumbup:
I've installed flashing led turn signal reminders(I love the red led blinking at night).
(I've had a buzzer reminder on my old Vespa GTS250i. Did I mention I've traded in my Vespa for New Burgy? Well, I did.
Don't get me wrong, The Vespa was lots of fun, but just not enough power with my lady at back seat. where ever I go my lady likes to go too (other than work))

Where was I? Oh yea. So, I did the reminder. I did the handle bar riser (my hands appreciate that very much) and I've installed Givi E-55 topcase.
I did the mounting bracket for the E-55 twice because I totally forgot about stop light wiring (which I purchased together) :lol: .
I love the giant case, although it seems little too big for the burgy.
The back rest on E-55 is not so comfortable. My lady wants one of those goldwing style wraparound back rest (that will be next project).

I still need to do GPS, Stebel horn. 3rd eye break lights...... on and on (fun, fun, fun).

What I'm trying to says is that, if there wasn't a place like BurgmanUSA, I wouldn't have able to attemp to do any of these so confidently.

So "THANKS EVERY MEMBERS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!" :cheers:

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
*waving "HELLO!" from the west, over in Sequim!*

Welcome!

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Welcome from Martha Lake!

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
You've done a lot of customization.......sounds great. I think I need a handle bar riser and will probably get one.......as soon as I figure out what it is. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J Dave said:
You've done a lot of customization.......sounds great. I think I need a handle bar riser and will probably get one.......as soon as I figure out what it is. :lol:
lol :lol:

When I was installing the risers, it took me 10 times longer than should have.
My Sweetheart was helping me by holding the handle bar while I line up and stack up the pieces so I can bolt it in, but one of shims slide down and fall in to under the casing and we can't see where it went. I looked and looked. My Sweetheart looked and looked. But can't see where it went. I even try to shake the bike. lol.
So, I have to take the covers off (and was little hesitant because never took the covers off before). But what the heck, I had to do it sooner or later. So, I take my time and took the covers off. When my wife (Sweetheart) found the piece, she pick it up then put it on the seat, "SMACK" ed it with rubber handle of screw driver and called him "YOU, BAD BOY!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm glad you found the "bad boy". I would probably still be searching. :?

I had my 600-mile scheduled maintenance done a few days ago and when I got the Burgie back home, I decided to clean'er up.

While polishing the front fender, I noticed a rather large, odd-shaped piece of black plastic lying on top of the fender toward the rear. The plastic piece had 2 bolt or screw holes in it and a part number on it. Using a flashlight, I found a set of empty bolt holes in a metal part located just above where I found the plastic piece.

I went back to the dealership the following day and talked with the Tech that serviced my bike. After examining the part, he said it was a shield. During servicing he had not done anything on the front end except inspect the brakes. The only explanation was that the shield had'nt been attached when the bike was originally put together.

It had apparently just been lying there for 640 miles. He attached it properly, but I'm still mystified as to how and why it never fell off......go figure. :shock:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
J Dave said:
I'm glad you found the "bad boy". I would probably still be searching. :?

I had my 600-mile scheduled maintenance done a few days ago and when I got the Burgie back home, I decided to clean'er up.

While polishing the front fender, I noticed a rather large, odd-shaped piece of black plastic lying on top of the fender toward the rear. The plastic piece had 2 bolt or screw holes in it and a part number on it. Using a flashlight, I found a set of empty bolt holes in a metal part located just above where I found the plastic piece.

I went back to the dealership the following day and talked with the Tech that serviced my bike. After examining the part, he said it was a shield. During servicing he had not done anything on the front end except inspect the brakes. The only explanation was that the shield had'nt been attached when the bike was originally put together.

It had apparently just been lying there for 640 miles. He attached it properly, but I'm still mystified as to how and why it never fell off......go figure. :shock:
Wow! Good thing you've found it and took care of it. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Hello from Bothell!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brian650 said:
Hello from Bothell!
I try to use local roads much as possible since it's more fun to drive than highways and I've drove through Bothell quite a times and I love Bothell areas.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to BUSA! I was raised in Everett. I know all the roads there - but I'm sure glad I don't live there any more - too much traffic - and I don't care for riding in the rain although I did it many times. I'd love to have a $5 bill for every time I heard the weather man call for 70 and clear the next day so I jump on the bike the next morning and head to work - and drive home in a constant drizzle! Actually I lived in Arlington the last 20 years before retiring and moving to Ephrata in 2003. Its nice and dry here - something Everett and Puget Sound isn't noted for. Its a wonder how much climate can change by driving 100 miles and crossing the Cascades.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
knucklehead said:
...I don't care for riding in the rain although I did it many times. I'd love to have a $5 bill for every time I ... (drove) home in a constant drizzle! ...
:toothy2: :toothy2: :toothy2: Ahh....music to my ears... :toothy2: :toothy2:

Chris

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Hello from Mill Creek!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Greetings from east of the Cascades.....the Tri-Cities.

late,
Coz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts