Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here finally at 70 made the move from the big boys to a 650 Berg.. Been retired here for 10 years from S.C. Traded the old Roadie in and must say it was quite a transition even with only 70 miles on the Berg so far . I am pleased in alot of ways with the aerodynamics of the bike and its ability to head up the flat 2up with no problems .. doesnt even buffet as much as the old bike .. I tour up to the mountains 2or 3 times a year and hope the scoot holds up .

Havent had it in the rain yet but am looking forward to the handling characteristics in wet weather since that seems to be all i run in going up to Ohio to see the kids ..
Cant get used to the handlebars reflecting in the mirrors yet and i hope that occurs soon because it is so distracting ... the speedometer seems to be off with the GPS about 4mph. And by the way where do you stick the sucker , with the plug in the socket the box door will not close mmmm .Ambient temp is off but the manual says it doesnt work in town or standing still .. strange .. I also noted the reference to the under seat storage being not WATERTIGHT . WHAT.....

I am definately going to need saddlebags and other goodies soon but today its grips for the bike .. ouch .. and the seat is by far the worst comfort wise and ergonomically lacking to me imho, i guess ok around town but i put 2k on every trip north i take and dont know if my sheep pelt will solve that little problem . Also somewhat concerned about road junk hitting and scratching plastic on long hauls ..oh well soon time will tell

Glad to have found the forum , i know alot of my questions will be already posted here , just need time to research.

Happy Trails
Boatnsc (Jeff)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome......... Jeff I put 46+k on my 07 400 without any problems of items hitting the Tupperware so don't worry about that. Grip Puppies & backrest was the first items I added to my new/used 09 650. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have 2 650's, wouldn't ride anything else, at 74 I'm a happy rider.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. Cincinnati here. You have to come down and check out my seats. Check out my website. Lots of Burgman owners round here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts