Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I appreciate all the knowledge on this forum and found some valuable information before I made my purchase. I recently purchased a 2008 400 from a woman that bought it new but is having some neurologic issues so she bought a Burgman 400 Trike. Mine is in showroom condition with 2200 miles. I need to change all the fluids and filters as she only had the first service done because of the low miles. I really love the bike and I'm having lots of fun using it for short trips so far.

I have not been able to locate recommended tire pressures- wonder if anyone can help out with that. And I seem to have a weak control arm on my seat as it doesn't always stay up, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome Doc...
for help with your weak seat lift-cylinder, contact Lou at
http://www.LiftSupportsDepot.com
he helped me solve my problem with a worn-out cylinder
trying to lift the additional weight of a gel-pad & an
Alaska Leather seat cushion.
You may have to call them....our Burgman seat cylinders
are a limited-market item. I paid around $30.

Tire pressure recommendations should be on a sticker
under the seat on the cover above the air cleaner housing.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Hey BikeDoc, A hearty welcome from Groveport. What part of C-Bus do you roam in?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
welcome from Cincinnati. Columbus appears to be the booming scooter city....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info about the seat cylinder and I really didn't pay attention to the warning sticker under the seat- thanks for that tip on finding the tire pressure recommendation.

I have been riding in the Northeast side of Columbus, lots of nice residential areas as well as county roads. I'm planning on branching out a bit though. Do the local riders get together at all?

BikeDoc

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Some of us have. I have been very busy this summer and only met upwith a few people. there is the rally in Townsend, TN in September. I will be going and I am sure there will be others.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! I just spent Thursday through Monday up there for my sons wedding.
What a nightmare of a place to ride a bike. The cager's cut you off like crazy zipping in between cars with no room to spare. I personally witnessed 2 bikers almost getting killed by such acts...Not to mention the no helmet law. I did see 1 blue Burgman in Columbus and they did have a helmet on...yea!
Please ride safe and watch out for the crazy's up there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts