Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to check in & say hello to all the Burgman riders on the road. I have owned my black 2004 650 since late September & already have around 900 miles on it. Got my 1st speeding ticket on a Sunday morning in Mt Prospect 2 weeks after getting the bike. This bike looks like it is going fast even when it is parked. If anyone has information on adding saddlebags or towing a small trailer with a 650 please post it with pics if possible. I am interested in bike runs in the Chicagoland area this coming Spring & Summer.
Later,
Dan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Dan. Glad to have you join us.

Use the search at the top of the page and the search term 'bags' and you'll find a lot of topics where saddlebags are discussed. For example, Jim posted some photos and a full review of the Givi T411 side bags. See :

Review :
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1679

Pics :
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Jims-Gallery

There has been some interest in trailers for the Burgman, but I haven't seen one in use .... yet. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
......dare aint no crime in da city o' chicaga.

Dan, That speeding ticket was the Burgmans fault for looking fast.
You're lucky you weren't riding Red, and I trust your seat belt was in use.

I put an old bag on my Burgman but they had to go to the restroom every twenty minutes.
Badadoomp-Chee

Welcome.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello From Chicago

Welcome to the forum. You are not the only ones in N IL my wife and I both ride Burgman 650s we are about 80-90 miles west of you depending were you are at. There are also a group of several riders from S WIS in the spring we should try to get to gether.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey!

Southern Illinois, here. It was nice enough here today (mid-forties, but NO rain) to go for a short, 100-mile ride. I'm still smiling. :D

Yours is the first speeding ticket I've heard of on a Burgman, though I'm sure I merited one myself today:

'Spunky' the shiny black Prelude SI with the big, loud muffler, runs up on my tail, slows to the speed limit, and then whips around me with a big grin on his face. (These hot shoes that like to pick on old fella's on scooters - sheesh.) So anyway, I latch onto his draft, and hang with him to the next light. We 'happen' to be side by side at the red, so I raise my visor and politely (...well...) say, "Surely, you won't be beat by a scooter." At green, he dumps it as I hit the magic button. I was around him before we'd gotten too far, and continued to pull ahead, backing off at around 80-ish. For some reason, he wouldn't give me the time of day at the next light.
:twisted:
Me bad sometimes. Me need to act my age.
Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The oldest guy at the company I put in 25 years working for retired the year before I did. He had around 40 years of service there. He was a spunky Irishman, went walking every lunch hour (and he wasn't easy to keep up with). He was into boating, and was also an EMT.

His advice to me just before he retired? "Never hang around with old people." :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts